Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of deals did you guys get on the base model scrambler 850? Looking to buy here pretty soon

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dang cheaper than the one i priced lol where are you located im in texas

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm in Wisconsin. Buying it in Minnesota. They will charge me 7923.00 and then when I get it home, I have to register it and pay taxes on it. I cant't wait!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh ok awsome yea the bike for me was 7800 then after taxes and everything else right at 9000. While we are on here our current scrambler owners anything we need to keep a eye on on these machines?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Oh ok awsome yea the bike for me was 7800 then after taxes and everything else right at 9000. While we are on here our current scrambler owners anything we need to keep a eye on on these machines?
Depends on what kind of riding you do really. ball joints, a arm bushings, rear a arm mounts.

·
Registered
315 Posts
just normal wear and tear items. Just make sure it's lubed when you pick it up. I've heard some people noticing it not lubed. Mine was. I picked up an LE model for 9600 total OTD I think I paid. It was a demo thou with like 40 miles :) I think I got a heck of a deal and they threw in a 1yr polaris star warranty.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im straight mudder. No jumping or anything like that for this thing lol. Future plans are outkast 3 inch raked lift 29.5 ol2s snorkel and possible clutch kit and that will be it for this badboy

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Depends if you go full blown clutch kit(machined primary and secondary) or just a basic kit that replaces weights and springs in your primary. The basic kit helps the belt bite more against sheaves(allowing the ability to turn bigger tires without belt slippage) and weights change your stall(rpm at which your bike begins actually moving) and adjust how much long a bike stays in a higher rpm gear. Full clutch kits does the whole Thing and it can be set up exactly how you want(stall, how long to hold gear out, belt grip etc.) Alot of racing people go with the full clutch kit due to it gets you a ton of low end but doesnt take away your high end either. basic kits usually take away top end. annnnddd yea thats about it lol

·
Registered
294 Posts
After reading dirt wheels and a few other reveiws on the stm full primary and secondary theyll most likely be going on my scrambler. Tons more low end and another 10mph on top.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts