Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to find out what the offset of a 2013 Scrambler 850 xp.... ANYNODY!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought I was told they were 4+3in the front and 4+4 in the rear........ Idk

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
it may be 5+2 front and 6+1 rear..I thot i seen them mentioned here before....but could be wrong..I dont think its 4+3...thats what most aftermarket wheels are

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe that's what I heard. Im looking to purchase after market rims and tires but I want to keep the offset the same as the stock rims. I don't want to have them stick way out., kinda of defeats the purpose of the fender flares.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
not to many make wheels in stock offsets....STI makes one ..thats 6+1 I think....and then polaris makes some...expensive also from polaris....

·
Registered
944 Posts
I thought it's 6+1 all around. ? Look ay your stock wheels and see if they appear the same offset.

I'm pretty sure nobody aftermarket sells a stock Polaris XP offset. The closest is STI which adds an inch per side.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So then 4+3 is going to be close to stock then?

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
well the sti HD3 in 6+1 is the closest....4+3 will give it a bit wider stance...but not stock

·
Registered
218 Posts
This was the 2010 XP 850 OEM wheels and tires.
When looking at offset the first number is the inside distance. I thought I read STI had wheels that matched factory now. There is another company doing it also but currently slips my mind the name. Weights were wheel/tire combined.

Weight = 30.25 Lbs

Size = 14" X 6"

Offset = 5/1

Rear OEM Wheels and Tires

Weight = 35.7 Lbs

Size = 14" x 8"

Offset = 7/1

Actually measured tire Heights.

OEM tires

Front 26/8/14 actual measured height = 25"

Rear 26/10/14 actual measured height = 25"

·
Registered
27 Posts
my understanding is that the stock rims for the Sportsman XP platform (which includes the Scrambler) have an offset of either 5+1 or 6+1, depending on if you have steel vs alloy rims. This keeps the bikes trail legal at 50 inches wide. if you run any other offset (5+2, 4+3, etc), then you are going to exceed 50 inches, just saying... There's more details in the Scrambler XP sub-forum if you search there. That's wheres i originally found the details.

Here is a link to the details on the STI wheel the matches the factory alloys:
http://www.stitireandwheel.com/2013...-width-restrictions-with-new-hd3-wheel-setup/

·
Registered
231 Posts
Even the Polaris aftermarket rims have a much wider offset my Sixr's stick out 3.5" on the rear and probably 2.5 in the front uploadfromtaptalk1392214587960.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1392214610242.jpg

·
Registered
218 Posts
my understanding is that the stock rims for the Sportsman XP platform (which includes the Scrambler) have an offset of either 5+1 or 6+1, depending on if you have steel vs alloy rims. This keeps the bikes trail legal at 50 inches wide. if you run any other offset (5+2, 4+3, etc), then you are going to exceed 50 inches, just saying... There's more details in the Scrambler XP sub-forum if you search there. That's wheres i originally found the details.

Here is a link to the details on the STI wheel the matches the factory alloys:
STI Addresses 50-Inch Trail Width Restrictions
Like I said post #10 2010 was 5/1 F, 7/1 R and doubt they have changed. Most all ute's OEM have 8" wide rears and 6" wide fronts but offsets very widely as do bolt patterns.

For custom same offset as factory wheels nolimitwheels makes them at a fair price and can give you the exact offset if you call them. You have to special order for non factory offset. I've only seen 1 machine with them and they were really nice. Pic of what wheels I saw and they were sweet looking in real life. Also the hated CA with a set.
Build Custom ATV Wheels Online | No Limit Wheels

Attachments

·
Registered
434 Posts
^ How cool is that!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Well... crap!
I just called No Limit to ask about offsets. 5+3 is the closest they come to oem. That's way wider. Bummer, that wheel builder is cool stuff.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Well... crap!
I just called No Limit to ask about offsets. 5+3 is the closest they come to oem. That's way wider. Bummer, that wheel builder is cool stuff.
That sucks, they posted on another forum couple years ago all their wheels were factory offsets. If you wanted wider they could do that too. I almost order a set because of it, got tired of the mud.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I'm onto something even cooler yet. I just spent a half hour on the phone with a premier offroad wheel company. They have some doable options, though the costs $$$$ are severe. I may do something stupid. Lol

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm onto something even cooler yet. I just spent a half hour on the phone with a premier offroad wheel company. They have some doable options, though the costs $$$$ are severe. I may do something stupid. Lol

Do it.... You oh live once... Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
218 Posts
Before you spend big money I would pull the tire off rim and get exact measurements.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts