Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
New member here, searched the forums and have come up with a solution and just trying to make sure it’s the same fix for my 201 scrambler 850 xp. I have oil in the air box, everything i have found is the labyrinth under the valve cover is the cause of this. A new style labyrinth, exhaust port, pcv valve and redesigned hose seem to be the go to resolution just can’t find it for the 2013. Everything is for older models. Maybe I’m missing something. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello, Welcome
I will include a photo of the Part kit number i Ordered for my 2010 850, i purchased a low mile 2010 850 and had some oil in the air box when i got it, i first removed the Labyrinth filter as some have done, and it helped but did not cure the problem. So i bit the bullet and ordered the Kit. Very easy to install, i thought it would be harder that is why i hesitated for a while, but glad i did the Switch. I have not Oil in my air box. Funny thing is You say you have 2013? i thought they changed to the new Labyrinth plate and hose in 2012.. at least that was my findings.

I will attach a picture of the Parts number i ordered. Hope this helps, just search on here lots of threads on this topic, Im sure Poleman or Latebird would be better help.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your response. Yes that is why I’m a little more alarmed about my situation hopefully will pull the valve cover this weekend

·
Premium Member
9,910 Posts
Yes the 2013s have the update and aren't supposed to have the oil in the air box issue. I applied you have a different issue. Of what I have learned a little oil in the air box isn't something to be concerned about. But that's a fine line. Could be something as simple as an over filled crank case.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes should be asking how much oil you seeing? I still have some very faint oil in my air box every few rides. I did read somewhere that riding WOT, these 850's are pulling in alot of air and with that pulling oil from the breather hose.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pulled valve cover, it indeed does have the updated labyrinth. I’m Really hoping it’s not blow by.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes should be asking how much oil you seeing? I still have some very faint oil in my air box every few rides. I did read somewhere that riding WOT, these 850's are pulling in alot of air and with that pulling oil from the breather hose.
We rode it pretty hard the last time we went out, i covered two red rags completely in oil out in the trails so easily a quarter inch of oil on the air box. It’s a buddies bike, just trying to figure this one out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah i would say that is not normal. Sorry this is now above my pay grade. if Poleman or Latebird does not jump into this thread than just shoot one a message, they would have better answers for you. Hope all turns out well for your buddy

·
10,652 Posts
I'd double check the oil level to make sure its not too full.
You might try a new labyrinth cover OP. They're only around $14 I think. But it may also be prudent to do a leak down test on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts