Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out on the trails today and out of nowhere my bike started to run rough and wanted to die like is was not getting enough fuel (almost like what a car does when the fuel pump is going bad). But here's the weird part, it started running fine as soon as the cooling fan kicked on. I know you are probably saying that it is just a coincidence. So I turned the bike off for a few minutes and turned it back on, same thing, ran rough no matter which gear or how much gas I gave it. Then, sure enough as soon as the cooling fan kicked on it was perfectly fine. So I went home and then tried see if it would do it again with no luck. WTH??? Anyone have any ideas?? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. The fuel is only from three days ago and yes the first thing I did was pull the plug and it was ok plus I greased the boot when I snorkeled the bike.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Didn't know you could read codes on a four wheeler. How do I read the codes? I have an obd ll scanner for cars will that work?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nope carb.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ok try this first confirm that your getting a good spark out of your plug then check your connections all the way down to the battery it could be as simple as vibration cause your plug to miss fire, then check your in line fuel filter. Try that

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok ill check that out thanks for your help. Greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts