Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I need to replace my inner rear cv joint and am wondering how to get the joint itself off the shaft. there doesn't seem to be a circlip holding it on, but some sort of spring clip that may lock into place when pressed on. It is a 2013 Sportsman 500. Thanks for any help.

·
12,821 Posts
It has an internal spring ring (#8). Put the shaft in a vise and use a brass punch and big hammer to knock the inner spider off the shaft. Some CV's have a notch cut out in the spider and the ring has tabs that have to be spread to release the ring but I don't think yours is made that way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I don't have the expandable spring clip so I'm assuming I just knock the old spider off and the new one will have the two internal clips already on it. Thx for the reply

Rich

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thought I would mention that after speaking with Polaris dealer it is far more cost effective to by an entire axle assembly. It wasn't that difficult to get the outer collar out of transmission with a 5lb slide hammer. In Canada it cost me $150 for whole assembly. Disassembly and re assembly was quite easy. I ordered a spare, just in case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts