Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,
Getting ready to send my bike in for some work..
Wanting to get everything ready for the spring ..
Wondering what all I should have done..
Im getting an oil / filter and Lubed done.
What else should I have done? im trying to only have to take my bike in every 1000kms or a year, whatever come first..
Any suggestions?
Thanks for your time

·
Registered
978 Posts
If i was you id tackle those task by yourself and save alot of money. Oil change is very easy and so is greasing up the joints.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
^^^^^^Exactly....why pay the dealer for something anyone can do. You will never learn your machine if someone else is doing all the work. Take a little time, get your hands dirty and save big bucks by maintaining your bike yourself.
Looking at your mods in the signature line, did you do any of those yourself, cause some of them are much harder than lubing your machine. Nothing special needs to be done to be ready for spring..lubed,..oil and filter, possibly trans fluid change and front differential fluid change and maybe air filter....nothing special or hard to do

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply.. I do have plans on doing my own work in the future..
My bike is going in for its late 75hrs maintenance and for the clutch kit to be installed..
Just wanted to make sure everything is done and up to par for the up coming season..
I have extra $ to spend on the work as I saved money on some of my extras I added over the winter..
The other reason I asked was I don't believe my dealer will do the work needed without being asked to,
So just wanted to know what was needed.. I appreciate the replies and wanting to save me some money..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts