Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post here…..hi to everyone

My 2013 Sportsman 500 HO started having issues and it was very apparent that the clutch was the issue. I took apart the primary and found the buttons a little worn and replaced them but figured it was more than that.

When I took apart the secondary I found the buttons to be very worn and definitely needing replacement which I took care of.

My question is when looking online every post I see, people are stating that their spring setting on the secondary was 2-2 from the factory and mine was 2-3.

I mainly ride In Pennsylvania and run trails similar to Hatfield and McCoy. If I’m reading other posts correctly, I’d be better off with a 2-2 setting since I’m running hills more and averaging 25 mph compared to running flat areas where I can get up to higher speeds?

I did reinstall my clutch at 2-3 and drove it around the yard a little bit and everything is smooth and the issue I was having appears to be 100% resolved, but I’m still wondering about this spring setting?

In my flat yard I can get it up to 30 mph. At that speed I’m at around 5250 rpm. Would I expect to see it run in at higher rpm’s at that speed if I changed the spring to 2-2?

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
10,125 Posts
Font Line Window Pattern Automotive exterior
tp the forum
Ball Automotive lighting Vehicle registration plate Font Gas

·
Premium Member
2004 Sportsman 700, 2004 Scrambler 500, Various Others.
1,012 Posts
I would leave it unless you DEFINITELY aren’t going over 25 - 30. I can get to 50 at 5800 rpm or so on my 700 so yours seems low anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts