Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just wondering if anyone else has had as much trouble getting their snorkel pipe to stay sealed on to their clutch cover as me. 2013 Sportsman 550 XP, I'm not sure what brand of snorkel as the invoice just said "snorkel kit". When it was first done years ago it was sealed on there good but then a belt grenaded and tore the whole pipe off. Now trying to put on something new and the lip on the clutch cover opening is so small that I can't get any pipe to hold after a single ride. Am I better off to just get a whole new clutch cover as it looks like the dealership went to town on it with glue/silicone when they snorkeled it (they're no longer in business....) As you can see in the picture that opening is pretty pooched lol View attachment 139383

·
Premium Member
9,725 Posts
Yeah your attachment didn't work. Just post up the pics not a link.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Need pics, but.... clean all the old sealant on both the clutch cover and the pipe. Clean it good, everything needs to come off and then use brake cleaner to get any grease or oil from you handling the pieces off as well. Use RTV silicone sealant around the clutch cover, put your pipe on and clamp it down. Put a light bead of sealant around the perimeter of the pipe. Don’t ride for 24hrs, let the sealant cure and you should be good.

If your snorkel pipe is moving around, that could be the cause of it coming loose, so make sure it is zip tied secure and doesn’t move.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts