Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a issue that was stated as a "normal" condition by my dealer and Polaris.

My new, only 30 miles, atv is hesitating as you start to move. Once you are underway it does not have an issue. The best way I can describe it as it feels like you are driving on pavement in 4wd.

It was working fine the day before then the next day had this issue. The last day it was working fine, I was just driving it in my yard.

Any ideas what the issue maybe? Polaris has stated to my dealer that this is not something that is out of the normal operation and it is not covered under warranty.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Does it feel like it surges or almost like a tire is out of round or lop sided as it rolls and moves forward and is more noticeable at slow speed?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Are you sure the ADC is not still engaged. The odd time I have used ADC on a hill and switched off when at the bottom it seemed to stay on. Made the machine feel as if it was not wanting to take off of you just gave it a bit of throttle. Don't know why it has done it but when stopped and reversed a few inches that seemed to cancell it out. Does not happen every time. Just a thought.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The ADC is not on.

The bike feel more that it is hesitating than surging

Thank you for your reply.

·
Registered
417 Posts
It sounds to me like you're describing a belt issue. Put it in neutral and rev it a couple times then putt it in low and drive around the yard.

It's just a thang

1 - 5 of 5 Posts