Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm in the market for a new sportsman. I been looking at the new 2014 570, but found a dealer with a brand new 2012 sportsman 800 HO for about $500 cheaper than the 570. Any advice on the 800 HO?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Not an answer to your question, but I am pretty sure the 570 sportsman came out for 2014.

Is the 570 the EPS version?

Sean

·
Registered
294 Posts
Personally I like the twin motors better. The 800s are bullet proof

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Both fuel injected. Both very good power.

So basically pick:

Milage vs. Power.

You can't go wrong either way.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
the 570 may have better ergo's for you. just depends on what you prefer. also it depends on the model of 570 but if it's the EPS version, I'd say it would win in my book. but that's just me. I don't see the point in the 800's beside to be able to say "mine's bigger than yours" you wont find the 500/570 lacking in any way when compared to the 800 for anything you need to do with it, or any place you need to go with it.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
It is true. The 800 is old school.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Realize that once you leave the lot with the 800, you have a 2 year old ATV. Look at NADA.com and see what it will be worth once you leave the lot with it and compare that to what they are asking.

Reason I asked about the EPS, is I think I would lean toward the 570 if it had EPS.

Sean

·
Registered
173 Posts
I loved my 800 (no issues) but you'll have to carry fuel for a good days riding. The 800 will be the old sportsman ergos (wide seat, etc). I would be tempted to go with the new 570.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I myself would go withthe new age 570. Its new, and going to be around for a while. Where i think in the next coupe years the 800 will be gone, or revamped.

·
Super Moderator
7,054 Posts
If I got the 570 eps the 800 HO would be more than $1,000 cheaper.
Why do you need eps? Compare thrm without. EPS is a luxury, not a necessity!
If you ever buy an EPS equipped atv, you will understand. Don't think I've ever heard anyone with EPS say they would rather have a non-EPS atv. Until you have one, you don't understand. It's the future of all atv's.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
When i bought my machine i was like "pssh eps is for old men". Now after long trail rides, i wish i had it. If i buy another machine it will have eps.

·
Registered
71 Posts
When i bought my machine i was like "pssh eps is for old men". Now after long trail rides, i wish i had it. If i buy another machine it will have eps.
why not just add it on to yours .there is a company out of texas that makes eps for those of us that don't have it and may want it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
why not just add it on to yours .there is a company out of texas that makes eps for those of us that don't have it and may want it.
Do you have a link to that company? Sounds like a nice addition? Do you know anyone who has installed it? Looks like Polaris has a kit but its $1300.

·
Super Moderator
7,054 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts