Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone confirm the updated(2014+) TPS will work on a 2013 850XP? The harness appears to be the same but the actual sensor looks a bit different. Its been throwing the 520194-7 code with a rough idle and I've tried all the tricks in the book except replacing the TPS and seems like this has been a successful fix for a lot of folks on here. Might also clean the IAC while I've got it apart just for good measure. thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6,561 Posts
Polaris does not list it as a supersession or an upgrade - 1204715 is listed as Keihin while 2412634 is just listed as TPS and is about $7 higher

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see that. I guess I'm wanting to know the difference between the two. In reading posts on correcting the 520194-7 code, folks have replaced their TPS and apparently there was a change made to the 2014 TPS model from previous years that corrected some issues. I have seen reports of 2010-2012 models accepting the newer 2014 model TPS but seems that the 2013 850xp was a year where Polaris might have made a one time change the TPS and it will only accept a 2013 model TPS and not the 2014+.

·
Registered
6,561 Posts
OK - well you could possibly change the throttle body assembly to the 2014 to gain the use of the 2014 TPS. Check with an actual Polaris tech - I am a mechanic who works on nearly everything and am good with most of it, but if I encounter a fuel issue with an EFI machine, I send them to the Polaris dealer down the road and he sends me the ones with carbs when his guys can't figure out what's wrong with them.

I am not versed in EFI - I am a carb guy - I can tweak a carb to do nearly anything I want it to, but EFI is an enigma - I know a little about it, but I don't mess with it or the programming.

Primarily, the TPS signals the ECU to change the spark advance and increase the length of time the injector sprays fuel into the air stream. As I understand it, the early TPS's suffered primarily from contact issues between the wiper and the resistance element and secondly from conductivity issues with the wiring and connectors it was constructed with. (Chinese materials and workmanship)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts