Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
How much and from where. I like the looks of them.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Nicely done.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Actually i think it looks pretty good. any more info on how it was done? how did you get the lights apart? ive done automotive headlights in the oven, wasnt sure i fit was a similar process

·
Registered
141 Posts
They look great, but how effective are they at night?
My tired old eyes have a hard time with regular LED flashlights.
Do these light up the road ahead at night as well as the original bulb/reflector set up?

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
They deffinetly look cool.... but I'm guessing they are more of a "big pimpin' / bling-bling" feature then a road worthy head light mod. Correct? Or do they lay some light down on the ground?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
^ thats what i assumed. More of a Feature than a function. but im sure it looks cool around dusk, like crusing in your hot rod with just the parking lights on.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well yeah kinda the big pimpin bling bling but I was gonna Mount amber running lights on the front because we do alot of site seeing n stopping on old dirt roads at night n I wanted something I could leave on and not have to leave the key on all the time. I can see about 20 foot ahead of me with just these lights on which I use them in the trails when were real close so they're not blinding anyone

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Actually i think it looks pretty good. any more info on how it was done? how did you get the lights apart? ive done automotive headlights in the oven, wasnt sure i fit was a similar process

Similar just kinda a pain I've done tons of ford truck headlights but this was the toughest it had to be really hot to loosen silicone n still took forever

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
^ damn, maybe ill buy a spare set and give it a shot. been thinking about trying a Projector Retrofit, but kinda nervous about how they will hold up.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was looking at the oracle ring they make for rzrs but it was 150 bucks for the diy kit the rzr headlights are the exact same so one I figured that out there's a lot more after markets available

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
200 degrees n the oven n a lot of headache with a small screw driver and a razor blade. I will be doing my pod light too when I get hids

·
Registered
52 Posts
I actually had the same idea due to riding in dusty conditions and toyed with a blue LED. I am waiting on white ones to arrive. Side note: I own a 96 Ford also. Great minds think alike.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts