Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, so I went out on a ride to day and before I even left the yard my bike that was sitting, iedling for maximum 20 min said it was over heating. I shut it off sprayed the rad down with the garden hose and it was fine, about two hours later the same thing happened.

I washed the rad out again but the screen still said it was over heating. I shut it off waited a bit turned it back on and the carried on, this time I made it about 30 feet and the whole bike shut off on me. There was no writing on the screen nothing. It was as if I had turned the key off and pulled it out.

This happened about 8 more times threw out the day. I even went threw a few water crossings and even tho the rad was submerged. It still said it was over heating. When the rad said it was over heating I could touch the top of the rad and leave my hand on it no problem.

What could the problem be?

The only thing I have done to the bike is put hand and thumb warmers on it.

Cheers
Chris

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Warranty? Take it back. Maybe a thermostat? What model? Can't see your sig from tapatalk.

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I agree you need to get the dealer to look at a new machine doing that. If it is really over heating I would not be taking it for a swim personally.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree you need to get the dealer to look at a new machine doing that. If it is really over heating I would not be taking it for a swim personally.
That's the thing it was not over heating at all. No steam came off the engine other then the exhaust. And the water was maybe 2 inches over the floor boards. So it was nothing crazy.

But I dropped it off today and they said they are going to check it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts