Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The factory tail light plug has 3 wires ,one ground and 2 hot but when the ignition is on both wires have 12v and when the brakes are pressed I loose 12v from one pin . Im trying to do led tail lights and researched them many times and found out i need the CK bulb as the 3157 and 3157ck are wired diffrent . but my machine seems to be diffrent as even the CK buld doesnt work . I can use a relay and rewire the tail lights but wanted something plug and play any idea

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did you ever find a answer to this? I im in the same boat and didn't find your post until I purchased both 3157 and 3157CK LEDs and neither work for me. If not, could you elaborate on the relay wiring? I'm already into these ##$#@ LEDs for $50+ and would really like to get them to work. Thanks!

·
Registered
421 Posts
I put led cree bulbs in mine. but I hada rewire the bulbs otherwise I kept blowing fuses....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No never found a solution got $50 in bulbs sitting here as well . The tail light socket blows the fuse or only illuminates one side when brakes are on

·
Registered
421 Posts
yup. mine did the same thing. you plug one bulb in it works fine plug the second in and I can rember anymore it was either they worked in the running lights. but then apply the brake and pop goes the fuse. or no it was plug first bulb In things were fine. plug secong in and then pop goes the fuse. took me 5 fuses and 1 1/2hrs to figure out you will need to re wire the led bulb. what I had done was bend one of the leads on the bulbs base. ill have to get pictures of it. it solved my issue.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Is the machines warranty expired ?

·
Registered
421 Posts
whats that have anything to do with it?

·
Registered
729 Posts
whats that have anything to do with it?
My bust , read op quickly and assumed they where operating incorrectly opposed to different bulb.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I followed this picture along with swapping the red/yellow and brown wire in the harness and my tail and brake LEDs are FINALLY working properly. Cudos to BIGGDAWG from http://backcountryrebels.com/, the wiring was for his cfi Polaris sled but worked for my 2013 Sportsman 500 H.O. (on mine atv, there is no red/black/white as there is in the picture - - I just converted that to over to the original colors of red/yellow, orange and brown)

http://www.vleds.com/bulb/3157-3156-led/red-led/3157-red.html

·
Registered
9 Posts
Im just wanting to bring this back up. Here in the UK we cannot get CK bulbs anywhere apart from importing. Thats fine but I leave for CT 2nd May and they wont arrive so My question is. If the socket is wired differently. Can I take a LED 3157 bulb and change the little wires so it is the right way round for the socket?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts