Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Looking for some advice or looking to see if anyone knows what size of tires i can fit on my new touring without having to make a lot of other upgrades. I have the stock maxxis tires with 14" rims but id like to go with a little bit more aggressive tire for mud, nothing too crazy. I had my eye on mudlites.

Can anyone reccommend a tire that will fit without having to put a lift, cut fenders, change axles or buy a clutch kit. I guess they will also have to clear that stupid bracket that sticks out under the rear fenders, do people usually grind that off or is it integral to the frame in anyway? If i have to put spacers and fender flares on i dont mind doing that.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Stick below 27's and they should fit.

·
Registered
964 Posts
The main issue is the width of the new tires in the rear. The OEM are only 10". Most aftermarket will be in the 11" range.

That is why the Pitbull tires are an attractive tire for the XP Tourings. The 25.5x10x14 fit like a glove. The 25.5 is really a 26".

If you run an aftermarket wheel with the proper offset...then running a 26 or 27 x 11 will be a non-issue.

Of course...you can always trim the foot rest area...

Good luck...

biz
:veryhappy:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
To be honest, I'm not too mechanically inclined which is why I'm not too interested in changing a lot of the stock parts on my bike, I just want to do basic maintenance and ride it.

Would I gain a lot of tire options from putting a small lift on it? Will it change the ride much or cause any excessive wear? One of the things I really like about this bike so far is the smooth ride.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I cannot see how a "small" lift will help with having a rear tire that is to wide??

Either find a 10" rear tire -OR- wheel spacer -OR- offset wheel to work around the issue.

The primary concern...is when riding 2up.

biz
:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts