Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall, my trail boss blows through brake pads (severe duty) extremely fast, yes i do like mud so i expect it somewhat but anyway, i've blown the rear piston seal because my pads were too thin. I found one at partzilla for almost half the price of anywhere else. I've never installed one before, I am sure it's simple, i work on semis for a living but is there anyone who can tell me the gist of how to do it or if there are any tricks.

I think one reason it blows through rear brakes is because the front and rear brakes are tied into one lever from factory, I plan on removing the line from the front valve to rear caliper, capping the holes, and just leaving the foot brake for the rear and hand lever for front, I don't see any reason this would cause a problem with the piston functioning properly in the rear, but if anyone knows for sure I would love to know.

ANY HELP APPRECIATED! I prefer to have a little info before I just dive into things

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
i takle it you are using sintered pads?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I Am Using Ebc Severe Duty "Made For Mud" I Once Went Completely Through A Set In One 5 Hour Ride With Only A Little Mud, I Am Going To Try TusK Sintered, I Read Lots Of Reviews Saying They Last A Long Time And They Also Say Made For Mud Or Wet Conditions But I'm Sure It Will Be The Same Result.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts