Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I am new here
And im also new to owning an atv
I recently just purchased a used 2013 polaris sportsman 500 ho
I want to buy a bigger set of tires and new wheels
Im looking at the itp ss 212s or the itp ss316s
And im thinking of mounting some itp mudlite xls 26 x 9 x 12 in the front and 26 x 12x12 in the rear
My first question is will the 12 inch tire in the rear be too wide
And will these rims make my quad wider
I dont have much space in the bed of the truck so im worried
Im also concerned on how to mount them
Is it as easy as takeing my stock rims off and putting these new ones on
Any help will be really great thanks everyone

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Your welcome and welcome to the board. lol

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Yes, 12" rear should fit just fine. The Mud Lites inthe front may need minimal spacing.... I have an 1/8" thick washer behind mine in the front. Gives me about 3/8" tie rod end clearance...... or flip the rod ends to the bottom side. I plan to do this when the weather warms up!

Wider stance? Depends on what back spacing you order on the rims!?

Mounting them..... that doesn't make much sence to me. But, I'd have a local tire shop mount the tire on the rim, may cost $40-60 for the set of 4. As for mounting them on the atv.... that all depends on how "mechanical" you are??? :dunno: Remove originals and install the new set!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
you may need new lug nuts as well. im not the one to really know, but someone should be able to point you in the right direction.

·
Premium Member
11,938 Posts
The rims will come in a 4+3 offset and the bolt pattern needs to be 4-156. Ur quad will become wider due to the wheel offset and wider tires my guess would be 4-5 inches wider. U will need new conical lug nuts and center caps for the rims.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the response everyone
Im buying the ss wheel and tire kit it comes with center caps and the new bolts
So I wont need to mount the tire on the rim
But the rubber center cap thats on the oem wheel do I leave that on under the ss center cap
Im not to worried about it being a couple inches wider but
Will the 26 x 9 x 12 with a 4 +3 offset Rub on the front
And the 26 x 12 x 12 with a 4 +3 offset rub on the rear
I dont want to add spacers
The rims are the itp ss 212 in 12 inch x 7

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
the caps should fit over the rubber hubs..mine did....you wont have any rub with that offset,,but you will get wet..trust me..loll...the tires come out beyond the fenders and sprays like mad...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How would I measure to be sure
Isnt that the stock ofset
Can I just put a measuring tape and go 6 inches from the center of the stock tire and see where that brings me for the rear

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just put the 14" ss212 rims with 28x9 and 28x11 Mega Mayhems on my 850 XP, and the front wheels measured 6" wider than stock. i didn't have any issues with rubbing at all on it. Make sure when you order your rims to get the tapered lug nuts to fit the rim. the stock lugs will not work.

·
Premium Member
11,938 Posts
the caps should fit over the rubber hubs..mine did....you wont have any rub with that offset,,but you will get wet..trust me..loll...the tires come out beyond the fenders and sprays like mad...
like al53 said the ss caps will fit over the rubber Polaris axel nut caps. with the offset there will be no rubbing. he also raises a good point about the tires kicking up a lot of debris. fender flares my be in ur future.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok I ordered the 26 x 9 x 12 for the fronts and the 26 x 12 x 12 for the rears
With the itp rims
Ill post some pics once they come in and I put them on

1 - 17 of 17 Posts