Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new on here and I am having a weird issue. I have a 2014 sportsman 570 and I love it. I have had it since it was new. The last 2 years I've had it I keep having this weird issue. the all wheel drive or 4x4 will not engage when it is cold outside. I mean like below freezing. Dead honest I can use the 4x4 all year but if it is cold in hunting season it will not go in. The 4x4 icon blinks and it goes into that safety mode where if you give it throttle its breaks it up. once you put it back to 2 wheel it runs fine. I did a test this year after if wouldn't work. i put it in the barn with a heater and when it was warm it went into four wheel and worked fine. it is the oddest thing. It took it to get fixed and they could not find the problem. Does any one have any ideas

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
First, go through the connections - clean them and insulate them with dielectric grease
Second, make sure you have a fresh oil in the drive unit before it gets cold out - there might be moisture in there causing the problem or the oil may thicken enough to prevent engagement. Since it has to be below freezing and you get a flashing icon, I lean towards the problem being electrical. The electricity is not completing the circuit fooling the icon into thinking it disconnected.

·
Premium Member
9,910 Posts
Change the fluid as I agree moisture may be the culprit.

Reactions: RoyR80
1 - 3 of 3 Posts