Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.
Totally new to ATVing and want to go out and buy a new one in the next month. I am up here in Canada and have visited a few dealers and got some prices. The question I have is which one would you buy? Now you may ask me what am I going to do with it.. Well, I plan on using it around the hobby farm to hook up to a small trailer and move stuff around, pull smaller trees out of the bush and other rubbish. Move trailers around like my small tent trailer. Off road trails. Up here in Manitoba we don't have any mountains and very little hills so mainly flat and slight hills trail riding. Could also use it with a a plough to clear the 500 foot driveway. Will start using if for deer hunting.

Here are some questions:
1- which will give me a nicer ride?
2- does the 2 hp make a difference (42 on 550- vs 44 on 570)?
3- is the rear suspension much better on 550 XP what will i notice?
4- do the larger tires and aluminum wheels make any improvement to performance?
5- Is there more storage on an the 550 XP?
6- Any difference in handling / steering, braking?

SO THE BOTTOM LINE< WHICH ONE WOULD YOU RECOMMEND I BUY

So here are the options
2014 570 EPS in white
- 3500 lb winch (just because I would rather have more than less)
- electric thumb and handlebar heaters
- optional bumpers on front and back (not included in the below prices)
$9400 cdn with all taxes in or ($9150 can for a demo with 5 km on it) includes the 6 month full warranty and additional 6 month power train warranty

or

2013 550 XP EPS
- 3500 lb winch
- electric thumb and handlebar heaters
- optional bumper son on front and back (not included in the below price)
$10,800 can with all taxes in. includes the 6 month full warranty and additional 6 month power train warranty
or $10,188 cdn. with all taxes in on a 2012 550 XP EPS with front and back bumpers, Special Edition Orange Color, with front rubber wheel well flairs, and storage box. This unit has 5 km on it but was at a dealer BUT NO WARRANT AT ALL

I love the aluminum alloy wheels on the 550 XP EPS with the larger tires but the dealer here said that the only difference is really the looks of the tire - not really any performance improvement. But I am also sucker for the better paint job on the 550 XP EPS and wheels. LOL I LIKE THE WAY THEY LOOK. But is it worth the additional $1500?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was doing the same search for the past few months. I settled on a used 2010 550 xp eps. I am newish to four wheeling myself but in my research the glaring difference to me was the suspension components. I have not ridden the 570 so I guess I'm not very helpful but the 550 xp rides like a dream to me. Its narrow between the legs and seems so smooth over most obstacles Good luck I'm sure either one will be awesome!

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Where are you buying from?

Seems steep for a 550 imo even for winnipeg. I paid 8100 (before taxes) for my non eps 850.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
get the 550...It rides alot better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I would shop around. I am in alberta and can get a 570 for $7000 right now, not including tax, eps model in white. No winch.

570 is value with jam, tends to target younger folks
550 is comfort with jam, tends to target chicks and older folks

In a nut shell that is.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I'd go with the 570. Save yourself a little cash, there's nothing wrong with the way the 570 handles, and it's more stout performance wise. If your looking for the ultimate in comfort and ride than get the 550.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I would shop around. I am in alberta and can get a 570 for $7000 right now, not including tax, eps model in white. No winch.

570 is value with jam, tends to target younger folks
550 is comfort with jam, tends to target chicks and older folks

In a nut shell that is.
Thats what the salesman told me when I went in for a 570 test drive.

The 550 ride is awesome. If you want ultimate cadillac ride the 550 is the best I rode so far.
The 570 I have to put more serious time on the seat but it is an all around bang for the buck and the engine is stellar. I was thinking about picking one up since they have eps now but, my friend rushed and bought a 550 eps before I did ( had that in mind since 2009 but waited for polaris to work the bugs out) and hes a novice rider compared to me and I just can't stand him playing showoff while I park a value model next to his xp... LOL.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Check out Headingly Sport Shop. They beat Rond's and West Side's pries for both my machines.

·
Registered
815 Posts
ride both to make your decision. they "feel" totally different. Its not just a different suspension the whole thing is very different. Its not explainable in words. Both bsutton.5 and I said the same thing after trading 570 for 850 on a hill climb and descent. It cant be described.
As far as wheels, get aftermarket from your dealer. Polaris has some [email protected] wheels available that give it a great stance.
If your dealer wont let you do a test ride on more than a parking lot, do not buy.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
ride both to make your decision. they "feel" totally different. Its not just a different suspension the whole thing is very different. Its not explainable in words. Both bsutton.5 and I said the same thing after trading 570 for 850 on a hill climb and descent. It cant be described.
As far as wheels, get aftermarket from your dealer. Polaris has some [email protected] wheels available that give it a great stance.
If your dealer wont let you do a test ride on more than a parking lot, do not buy.
That is VERY true!! Two way different feels to the quads!!

My S3 addiction!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's an update. I went to my dealer today and I decided I wanted to look at the 2014 Browning LE. He let me demo the Browning and the 570 in the parking lot which had a lot of ice on it. It was very hard to tell what each machine had to offer but I could tell that the 550 had much better smoother ride. I didn't like the wider saddle on the 570. But I am totally sold on getting a Browning LE. It probably doesn't make a big difference but I really like the tires on the LE.

Here's a question what's a good price to pay for The 550 Xp Browning LE in Winnipeg? I was able to get a low price quote for $9550 plus taxes. Is this good?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Thats a pretty good deal. Got my wife a 2013 Browning LE for $8900 OTD in Spetember

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
And we both love our brownings le!

·
Registered
815 Posts
Is the only reason you want the browning for the tires?

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
^^ Yeah BC personally I find the Browning kind of over priced compared to a normal LE.

·
Registered
815 Posts
^^ Yeah BC personally I find the Browning kind of over priced compared to a normal LE.
just a thought becuase you could save a ton with a standard model or LE and get some actual real tires (bighorn 2.0, ripsaws, etc.) vs the "better" stock tires.
the Browning is over a grand more expensive over the standard LE 550

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Actually its the last reason. The Browning had all the features I wanted and I thought the tires were more of a bonus that I didn't expect to see when I showed up.

Now, my next exercise will be to compare this unit to a Yamaha Grizzly 550 FI EPS in Camo, a 2014.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
It will blister the Yamama!! Get the Polaris bro

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
The only options the browing comes with, are a gun boot, rear rack extender, and winch. Plus you have to suffer the ugly camo steel wheels as opposed to the le aluminums.

Just a thought!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts