Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a very clean low mile 570. When looking over the atv I noticed a small rip in the l/f front axle boot, which I thought was not a big issue. Ive put maybe 10 miles on this and today I noticed the r/f axle has a ton of play in it at the hub end. The original owner had stiffer front springs installed to accommodate the weight of the plow. I notice this causes the atv front to sit a bit higher then stock. Could this be causing a bad angle on the stock axles? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Your front axle will have some play. It will move slightly in and out of the CV joint. If you actually blew a CV joint, you will know. Besides that wheel not spinning in 4x4 (when the rears are spinning), it will have substantial play and sound/feel like a stick in rocky mud when you yank on it.

·
Premium Member
7,416 Posts
There's a nut that tightens the axel to the hub and strut. Make sure that hasn't become loose.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I recently purchased a very clean low mile 570. When looking over the atv I noticed a small rip in the l/f front axle boot, which I thought was not a big issue. Ive put maybe 10 miles on this and today I noticed the r/f axle has a ton of play in it at the hub end. The original owner had stiffer front springs installed to accommodate the weight of the plow. I notice this causes the atv front to sit a bit higher then stock. Could this be causing a bad angle on the stock axles? Any suggestions?
I also put the HD springs on the front of mine. No problems with the front axles at all. I like the stiffer springs, the front end doesn't dive as much when stopping & cornering.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts