Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a new 570 and should have it in few weeks. Now I am struggling with what rims and rubber to fit it with? I really like the STI HD2se rims and am leaning that way. The other contender is the ITP SS108 black. What have you guys found to be better between the two?

As for tires I am looking at.......

-Swamp Lites, -Black Diamond XTR's, -Swamp Fox Plus

I ride trail, mud & snow. Looking for a long life good tracking versatile tire.

What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
If I needed rims again I would go with itp as they have a great warranty program. On a ride this summer 2 of us broke rims, I had to pay for a replacement, other guy got his itp free.
Swamp lites are very popular here, good price, lots of sizes and they have taller lugs then most of the competition. The 30in ones have lugs almost as tall as my terms.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I like the BD XTRs, and plan on putting them on my 570 when I get it. all the reviews I've found have said nothing but good things about them.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
The black diamonds wear the best out of the tires you listed.

Swamplites are really nice looking tires, but just wear way too fast.

Maybe also look at the maxxis zilla also.

·
Registered
729 Posts
ITP makes several nice rims to pick from.
I also think the black diamonds are the better tire from your list , but I prefer Maxxis Big Horns or Sedona Ripsaw R/T's.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
If I needed rims again I would go with itp as they have a great warranty program. On a ride this summer 2 of us broke rims, I had to pay for a replacement, other guy got his itp free.
Swamp lites are very popular here, good price, lots of sizes and they have taller lugs then most of the competition. The 30in ones have lugs almost as tall as my terms.
ITP has a very great warranty. take a picture were its broke, they have ups drop off a new one to your door.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the feedback guys. I will post a pic once I get the new set up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got it!!

Finally picked her up. Here is what she looks like stock. I will update once I get the new rims and rubber on it.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Nice rides! Sounds like the 570 is going to be great machine! And as an FYI, the QSC clutch kits for the 570 just came out this week! Got some today ready to ship out if you find the need after your tire upgrade.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice rides! Sounds like the 570 is going to be great machine! And as an FYI, the QSC clutch kits for the 570 just came out this week! Got some today ready to ship out if you find the need after your tire upgrade.
What do the clutch kits really do? And are they fairly easy to put in?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Only concern is that from 25-35 mph I have bad vibration in the front that makes the handle bars shake bad?? I don't know if the tires have to "break in" or if they have to be balanced or if there is a problem with the new tires / rims?

Any ideas?

Oh I might add that it did not do it with the stock tires and noticed it right away when driving with the new set!

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
What do the clutch kits really do? And are they fairly easy to put in?
On a most stock machines, not a lot for the average rider. But your clutches are setup with components that are designed to get the HP from the engine to the ground as efficiently as possible with minimal belt heat and overall usage in mind for the average person. The diameter and weights of your tires has a direct effect on how the clutches shift and how they get power to them.

If you put heavier and/or taller tires on it creates more resistance to motion than the stock tires do so the components no longer work at peak efficiency and you lose performance through belt slippage, heat, drag, etc. Or if you strictly use it for say mudding then you have a different specific use than the Mfg generally set it up for. It will likely do ok at anything you want it to stock, but can be setup to do certain types of things better than others too.

Changing out the components in the clutches to match your HP and tire size as well as the usage of the machine for YOU instead of the general population makes belts last longer, gets you better performance for what you do with it and keeps you happy with the machine for it's intended purpose.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Nice! What did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Nice quad. Just wanted to let you know STI wheels have the same no questons asked warranty as ITP. I`ve run HD2 and HD3 STI rims and they are sweet. Great combo with Black Diamonds.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Only concern is that from 25-35 mph I have bad vibration in the front that makes the handle bars shake bad?? I don't know if the tires have to "break in" or if they have to be balanced or if there is a problem with the new tires / rims?

Any ideas?

Oh I might add that it did not do it with the stock tires and noticed it right away when driving with the new set!
Take um to discount tire and get them balanced, they'll ride A lot better, and its cheap.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts