Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow forum members, I'm new to the forum and atv world. I just gt a 2014 sportsman 570 touring. I'm wanting to order a winch (ill add link at the bottom) just wanted to know if the mounting bracket will work or if I need a certain one, its in the vid check it out. thanks in advance!

Tusk Winch With Synthetic Rope | ATV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

·
Registered
238 Posts
Link isn't clickable

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not sure what winch you're looking at because the link isn't clickable but I would definitely recommend buying the Polaris brand winch. It's really a Warn winch and Warn just allowed Polaris to put their sticker on it and I don't think I new to go into how good of a winch Warn is. Well worth the extra money. I've been through 3 winches before spending a bit more and haven't had and trouble with mine

·
Registered
238 Posts
Not sure what winch you're looking at because the link isn't clickable but I would definitely recommend buying the Polaris brand winch. It's really a Warn winch and Warn just allowed Polaris to put their sticker on it and I don't think I new to go into how good of a winch Warn is. Well worth the extra money. I've been through 3 winches before spending a bit more and haven't had and trouble with mine
Really? Cause I've heard it's Chinese and made of primarily plastic. The only plus side was that Polaris will replace them no questions asked.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea sorry about that. Your probably right, I'm just a fan of saving money when I can, I have read good reviews on the 'tusk winch' Doesn't seem to be the cheapest nor most expensive. but I will look into the Polaris ones. thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nope. I held it next to my uncles actual Warn and other than the sticker it looks exactly the same. Same feel to it and everything using them to get out of the mud. I looked it up before I bought it. Look it up for yourself and if I'm wrong please let me know. I remember reading that it's manufactured by Warn

·
Registered
140 Posts
Buy a Badlands winch and KFI mount if you want to save money. $120 for the 3500# winch and $45 for the mount. Plus you can use a 25% off coupon on the winch to make it $90. Best option as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
KFI mount has a good overbuilt feel to it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Buy a Badlands winch and KFI mount if you want to save money. $120 for the 3500# winch and $45 for the mount. Plus you can use a 25% off coupon on the winch to make it $90. Best option as far as I'm concerned.

X2 I couldnt agree more

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow that really is a great deal! thanks for the help.

·
Registered
140 Posts
They are also very highly rated, I haven't read a bad review or heard of any problems. In my small amount of use with the winch it has definitely impressed, very simple to install. If you need any information or pictures on how to install just send a PM or check around the forum.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts