Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a lead on a couple of machines in my area:

One is a 2013 Sportsman 500 HO which we all know has a bullet proof Fuji Engine and most of us tech savvy guys can trouble shoot em when they die

The other is a 2014 Sportsman 570 EFI. I believe this is the first year the 570 was produced? A quick search shows there was a recall for fuel vapors leaking into the headlight pod, recall was issued and this unit has been repaired by polaris, extreme heat melting seat and plastics. Should I steer clear of the 570 since this was first year of production. Has been well taken care of.

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
7,561 Posts
Honestly I would take the 570 despite it being the first production year over the tried and true 500. Simply for the horse power and clutching. The 570 had the heat issue but other then that its a solid machine. Plus being that there are six model years of production since it's inception there is a ton of real world R&D. This yields practically any and all fixes that could possibly arise on a 14'!!!

What do the machines have for miles and hours???

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly I would take the 570 despite it being the first production year over the tried and true 500.

What do the machines have for miles and hours???
Don’t know hours on the 570, but has 332 miles. Owned buy a guy who lives in a metro area always trailered to a trail system

2013 has 44 hrs and 772 miles

So your suggesting I break out of my carb comfort zone to EFI? Lol. I don’t do change well lol

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Personally, I would take the carb over EFI - I like the fuel economy of EFI on my Mercury Grand Marquis, but I like the reliability and non-electronic control of the carburetor on my off road vehicles. The HP and clutching of the 500 can be tweaked if necessary, but is fine the way it is.

Just my 2 cents worth of biased opinion.

·
Premium Member
7,561 Posts
Yeah I know carb guys don't like change :scared1:. I'm on the other side and say EFI is an upgrade :idea:.

I'm also likey the 570 has lower miles.

What about pricing?

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pricing is about the same for each unit 3500

·
Premium Member
7,561 Posts
Well then I'm sold on the 570!! Price, mileage, newer tech, and it's more powerful. But at the end of the day you're splitting hairs cause they're both great wheelers!!! I don't think you could go wrong with either machine!!!

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Change.... Dont like it... I just learned my iPhone 5 is not gonna work with the new 5g network. (Verizon) .Arrgh more change.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I agree 570 OE voltage regulators suck. So do many other Polaris models and for that matter other brands VR’s suck. The battery location at the very least is debatable. I hear from at at least as many having no problems with location. I have leads coming out of front grill for tender and if properly maintained,I rarely, if ever have to remove battery. I’ve upgraded both of my bikes with better aftermarket VR’s and would buy another 570 in a heartbeat.

·
Premium Member
7,561 Posts
I agree 570 OE voltage regulators suck. So do many other Polaris models and for that matter other brands VR’s suck. The battery location at the very least is debatable. I hear from at at least as many having no problems with location. I have leads coming out of front grill for tender and if properly maintained,I rarely, if ever have to remove battery. I’ve upgraded both of my bikes with better aftermarket VR’s and would buy another 570 in a heartbeat.
Absolutely!!! Our 570-T has about 800 miles on it and is a very impressive machine. I have had no battery (I don't even use a maintainer on it), voltage regulator, or fuel pump problems. I mean if you listen to the small % of disgruntled owners you would think these wheelers just fall apart just by looking at them.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Absolutely!!! Our 570-T has about 800 miles on it and is a very impressive machine. I have had no battery (I don't even use a maintainer on it), voltage regulator, or fuel pump problems. I mean if you listen to the small % of disgruntled owners you would think these wheelers just fall apart just by looking at them.
I would check the water level on that bp, if you haven’t,they tend to be low.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I actually just re-read through this bp and it occurred to me that me telling you how to maintain your Atv is kind of funny huh?

·
Premium Member
7,561 Posts
I actually just re-read through this bp and it occurred to me that me telling you how to maintain your Atv is kind of funny huh?
Nope not at all. Honestly I didn't even think to do that, used to those AGM batteries. I'll put it on the list to do over the winter. Have a few more I want to do to it and some maintenance/upkeep.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Well then I'm sold on the 570!! Price, mileage, newer tech, and it's more powerful. But at the end of the day you're splitting hairs cause they're both great wheelers!!! I don't think you could go wrong with either machine!!!
Agreed

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well... I ended up with the 570. And of course the first thing i did is put a battery tender on it. What a pain in the ass to get to the battery as others have said . When i get time i will put the tender leads on the battery. I only drove it a lil bit, but it is peppier than hell. Seems to vibrate a lot more than my 400 sportsman. I will keep you posted. Maybe if I quit being such a "sissy" about the cold weather i will get it out for a winter trail ride

·
Registered
705 Posts
If you connect battery tender leads to fuse block and poke them out grill front it will be one less reason to complain about battery location.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you connect battery tender leads to fuse block and poke them out grill front it will be one less reason to complain about battery location.
I never thought of attaching it to the fuse block..Great idea! Thanks!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts