Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just pulled the pin on this unit. History with a Suzuki years ago, a Polaris 500 HO and a Grizzly 700 EPS. The price of the new Grizzly killed any chance of me buying it so I have a new Polaris in my garage. Hopefully it will be a great experience owning it.

No pics yet but will post if I take any. Thoughts and experience with this bike would be appreciated.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Most with the 850 love them and the rest have a love/hate relationship with theirs. You will hear all the bad about them before the good. Just remember that every company has their problems and every machine breaks eventually. In general they are a great machine with more power than almost anyone could ever need or use in an ATV. Gongrats on the new ride!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most with the 850 love them and the rest have a love/hate relationship with theirs. You will hear all the bad about them before the good. Just remember that every company has their problems and every machine breaks eventually. In general they are a great machine with more power than almost anyone could ever need or use in an ATV. Gongrats on the new ride!

Thanks for the welcome. I recognize that mechanically it is all equal. I'm sure anyone forking out the high $$ for today's top bikes would have some hesitancy about it. I almost bought the 14 Polaris 550 Browning but the price was the same as the 850.

As for judging good and bad... I'll do that from my own perspective and experience.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Welcome to the forum :shakehands:

These 850s make Suzukis feel like a toy. Tons of power that when applied the wrong way will break parts and bring folks to forums to complain. Good luck with it and don't forget to do the maintenance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts