Polaris ATV Forum banner

2014 Polaris 850 HO Sportsman XP Clean-up now Restoration.

178 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  burbansk1 
#1 ·
Hello all, Well I bought what I thought was a nice ( Low hours, Low miles ) 2014 850 that came with a 3,500 pound Polaris winch and a 65 inch Polaris plow. The guy I bought it from seemed honest and even told me the heated grips did not work because the wires on the LH grip came off. It was not super clean when I drove 2 hours to look at it but it also was not filthy. I bought it for $7,500, he was asking $8,100. Brought it home and gave it a real good bath. Began to notice that all the fasteners ( especially those on the accessory controls were rusted bad ) along with parts of the frame and the stiffener brackets under the rear rack. I am now going to take as much of the machine apart as possible to sand, repaint, replace all the parts and fasteners that I can. It appears that my 850 was plowed hard and put away wet. LOL. Sure wish that Polaris would have used stainless fasteners instead of cheap stuff. Please don't get me wrong, I really like Polaris products. We have a 2004 Polaris 330 Magnum ( No Rust ) and a 2013 Victory Cross Country ( Polaris ) motorcycle also with no rust. Oh well this is not my first rodeo ( restoration ) I have restored a Honda XR 250, Honda NX 650, Honda TRX 700 XX, Honda Rancher, and a BMW GS 1150. Here we go again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.