Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new here, i have just bought a new Sportsman XP® 850 H.O. EPS
PEARL WHITE LE! This thing is badass, if anyone out there has one and has put it to the test let me know, also what your mods are if any yet. if not just come and talk! Thank

·
Registered
97 Posts
Welcome! This forum is a wealth of info. Just look around and you will find plenty of opinions regarding your 850. If you are looking for a specific item or question, use the search option. Also regarding mods, most everyone on here will list their mods on their signature. You will love the 850 and all the things you can do!

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Congrats! I've had one for about 3 weeks now. Put a qsc clutch kit in, iridium plugs, and cecco rear braces. Have about 200 miles on it so far. Had to start adjusting the shocks a bit as they wore in about after 100 miles or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
553 Posts
Congrats on the ATV! I know you will love it! Let's see some pics!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats! I've had one for about 3 weeks now. Put a qsc clutch kit in, iridium plugs, and cecco rear braces. Have about 200 miles on it so far. Had to start adjusting the shocks a bit as they wore in about after 100 miles or so.

I will send picture here soon. How did you adjust the shocks? should i keep them as they are for now? i do mud and hard ride includes over rocks etc.. i just want wanna make sure the shocks are good for mud or if it will affect it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

where did you get the cecco rear braces at??

·
Registered
128 Posts
Congrats! You will love it. The sportsman's have the best ride, really smooth out the trail :) I have not felt the need to upgrade too much; I've put a front bumper on, added some rotopax 2 gal gas tanks, hand guards, and hand/thumb warmers. The only issue I had was wicked loud backfiring when it was brand new, that has subsided though my dealer said there was a new flash for that.

woo hoo enjoy and let's see some pix :)

Cheers,
Lesn8r

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats! You will love it. The sportsman's have the best ride, really smooth out the trail :) I have not felt the need to upgrade too much; I've put a front bumper on, added some rotopax 2 gal gas tanks, hand guards, and hand/thumb warmers. The only issue I had was wicked loud backfiring when it was brand new, that has subsided though my dealer said there was a new flash for that.

woo hoo enjoy and let's see some pix :)

Cheers,
Lesn8r
Thanks i can't wait to take her out and play. I had a 2004 polaris sportsman 500h.o it ran good and strong stock for what i put it threw.

·
Super Moderator
7,074 Posts

I will send picture here soon. How did you adjust the shocks? should i keep them as they are for now? i do mud and hard ride includes over rocks etc.. i just want wanna make sure the shocks are good for mud or if it will affect it.
Mud and riding hard on the rocks will affect everything, in a bad way. Keep it lubed, cleaned and be prepared to do some maintenance on it riding it in those conditions.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts

I would ride it for at least 100 miles or so before making any changes. That way you get used to the machine and the shocks WILL wear in a bit and settle. It comes with the preload pretty well set (so you have some sag while sitting on it). The compression adjustment is at 10 clicks (middle of the range). After about 100 miles I noticed I lost a bit of ground clearance so I increased front and rear preload 2 turns. You need to get the weight off the wheels via jack (makes it easier) and use the included spanner wrench to first loosen the lock ring, and then use the spanner wrench again to adjust the preload collar. Tighten up the lock ring when done. Couple things...it is MUCH easier to do with the wheel off. My front lock rings were on so tight from the factory, I had to take both shocks off the quad and put it in a vise and use a pipe wrench to loosen them. The rears were not nearly as tight. If you are doing slow speed rock crawling, you will need far different settings than me (I am 250lbs and ride aggressively). When I was at Hatfield last weekend I started bottoming out the front shocks on whoops so I increased compression about 4 clicks and it made a good difference...I then started dragging the rear and bottoming out the rear skid plate...so adjustments were needed there as well.

where did you get the cecco rear braces at??
PM Rick Cecco here on the forum to get the braces. I highly recommend getting them on as soon as possible. I had about 2 hours on my machine when I put it on and it took some fiddling as my holes were already out of alignment by about 1/4 inch. It takes patience and several cuss words and another hand was necessary for me. I also got the foot pegs from him as they help with aggressive riding as they are angled a bit to help your outside foot stay planted during aggressive cornering.

Also, my buddy had a brand new Rene 1000xxc there and I rode it a bit...it is like riding a bucking bronco compared to the polaris...it is setup stiff as a board from Canam......it sounded very mechanical also, but it hit like a sledgehammer off the line. The ride of the Polaris is soooo much better than the Rene.....it will take some serious dialing in on the Rene shocks to get it to feel close to the polaris...the stock settings on the Polaris Fox shocks are quite good....just let em break in a bit and then adjust a little at a time and keep track of your adjustments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
do i just need the rear braces or is that all it is, how much did they cost you?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Enjoy and be careful

·
Registered
553 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bought mine a week ago and I love it! 115 miles on it and these things turn heads while cruising through town! More than enough power and love the power steering.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bought mine a week ago and I love it! 115 miles on it and these things turn heads while cruising through town! More than enough power and love the power steering.

·
Registered
9 Posts
new 2014 850 le

I picked up my new machine on Monday .going to take it for a whirl tomorrow. traded in my 2010 850. I noticed some changes from my 10, the frame behind the right rear motor mount is different power steering motor looks different and the struts holding rear stabilizer bar are different. any one know any other changes or upgrades they have made on these machines.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Just picked up my 14' Sportsman LE Pearl w/July nice promotions:) because I had to let the scrambler 1000 go to another home. Well I was left with the sportsman 570 which I thought would be fine....Not the case as I really missed the power, XP feel, and of course Fox shocks. Took it out over the weekend for some serious fun, its like driving a Cadillac through the woods and still tons of power on tap while WAY less muddy. Very happy to have given this machine a chance, it really hasn't been talked about much and feel it has gone under the radar.

I can now sit back with a great all around machine and see what Polaris comes up with for 2015/16...No worrying about missing out on anything

1 - 20 of 20 Posts