Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll start out by saying I've never been real into forums, however I've come across a lot of useful information on this site, so thanks guys! Any way on the the important stuff..... Last weekend while riding along the fan blade decided to snap off and ruin my day. After lots of research it's obviously a common thing. I've read somewhere on here where a guy found a fan online and was able to match up closely to OEM and save big$$$$$. However Im impatient and want to ride now! so I decided to go to the local Advance auto parts and pick up their commonly stocked 12" fan thinking I'll throw it on to get me by until the OEM comes 500000 weeks later. Lord behold I take the fan shroud out, after a quick look at the motor, the bolt pattern Matched right up!!!!! Within an hr had the blade and motor switched out from the new aftermarket fan and bolted to the OEM shroud at a cost of 52$ and some change!!! Now I don't have time to proove its reliability but it's 97 degrees here in Florida and I rode her hard last night and it worked flawlessly.. I would also add is not only quieter than before but has a ring mounted around the fan blades (seems so me better design for off-road machines) Hope this helps everyone, might even help some of the sportsman/scrambler 850/1000 guys.

Here is a link to the product I used-
Imperial Electric Fan - 12" Diameter 226112: Advance Auto Parts

·
Registered
104 Posts
My fan broke a piece off just this past week. Completely random when it happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hey Rabid, de>
located 1/2 mile from weeki wachee springs park, where do you ride?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dickie2016 I actually work across the street from the Outback on 19 haha, but I live on 15 acres with a couple 100 acres of state property around me so lots of trials, but other than that I ride east rd pits in Hudson and Holopaw which is St. Cloud area. Lived in Brooksville 18 years and still haven't been to the riding area at croom!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Thats crazy. I live across the street from outback. Im the only house out here. My buddy and I just said are next ride will be at east rd. Havent been there yet. Just normaly ride behind the house, which is the property next to Golden Corral.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yupp, eurotech automotive in the plaza

·
Registered
151 Posts
Names kevin, im the house on the back rd with the separate big garage, stop by anytime

·
Registered
96 Posts
If you guys are ever interested in coming to crystal River, we have plenty of riding here. Plenty of parking at my place for trucks and trailers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts