Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the 2014 Sportsman 400 HO pré wired for a winch? If it is how much wiring is involved?

·
Registered
295 Posts
I believe the 2014 model was a carry-over and thus it is pre-wired. All that means is that the power leads are ran from the battery to the front. The positive is going to be floating around behind the battery- you have to hook the terminal up once the winch is installed.

Given that the wiring is ran to one of the cross-members of the front frame section, that is where I mounted my solenoid. You'll have to run the wires from the solenoid to the winch itself (likely trim them as well since they will prob be too long), run the handlebar remote lead down to the solenoid, with the red wire plugged into one of the orange accessory wires.

It's not a difficult task at all. I trim everything to length and install new terminals; I hate piles of bunched up wire.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you, DP425! Your post on 09-15-2014 solved my last problem for installing a winch on a 2013 h.o. I didn't think to look for a 'floating' red cable near the battery - but there it was. I was told by a Polaris shop to look for a 3-terminal bus bar but as you pointed out, this model is pre-wired (nice). - Barry D.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts