Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello form Sunny Hot Sahuarita Arizona ! What I have is a pair of 2014 Sportsman 570's that don't like to run after a couple of hours and heat cycles .

Both Bikes have new fuel pumps and regulators , tps switch mods and throttle cables adjusted properly

Will ride for around 5 miles and HAVE to get off the bikes because they are so hot after the third stop they will fire up popping , missing no power and stalling.

From what I have read sounds like I may need to add some heat shields to at least the fuel tanks to combat this issue

Please feel free to chime in with thoughts or suggestions !

Thanks Terry

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Sounds like the fuel is getting too hot still. I would suggest getting the fuel tank heat shield Polaris added to the 2017's, it helped with my fuel boiling & smell of fuel problems.
The part# for the shield is 5263226, the bottom screw & nut to secure it to the frame is 7517386(screw) 7670096(nut).
There is also another exhaust pipe heat shield you can add. Part#5260800 with clamp 7082132. Good luck!

Reactions: sportsmandan

·
Premium Member
9,914 Posts
Have you brought it in to the dealer for a re-flash of the ECM?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks You for the GREAT info and part numbers , I did not know there was an ecm flash is the more info, Thread or sticky I can look at ?

·
Premium Member
9,914 Posts
Call your dealer.

·
Registered
254 Posts
So the 18 850 SP does have the heat shield? Over the 4th of July (different days) I had 5 times that the bike stopped running because of vapor lock ( gas to hot, boiling). The first time a period of time went by while trying to start the bike. Then it started and all was fine and got back to camp. The other 4 times the first thing I did was add about a quart of gas to the tank and the bike started first try.
On our June ride I had no problems. but just as we were loading the bikes a friend ask me to came over to his ENCLOSED trailer where he had a 5 gallon GI tank of gas he was about to pore into his bike. The gas in the GI can was violently boiling. The can was never in the sun. Just the sun on the enclosed trailer.

·
Registered
19’ 850SP Camo. MtAiry Maryland
280 Posts
So the 18 850 SP does have the heat shield? Over the 4th of July (different days) I had 5 times that the bike stopped running because of vapor lock ( gas to hot, boiling). The first time a period of time went by while trying to start the bike. Then it started and all was fine and got back to camp. The other 4 times the first thing I did was add about a quart of gas to the tank and the bike started first try.
On our June ride I had no problems. but just as we were loading the bikes a friend ask me to came over to his ENCLOSED trailer where he had a 5 gallon GI tank of gas he was about to pore into his bike. The gas in the GI can was violently boiling. The can was never in the sun. Just the sun on the enclosed trailer.
Well that sure is scary

1 - 8 of 8 Posts