Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

(I know I've come to the wrong place if I'm looking for an unbiased opinion)

I've been shopping around for a new wheeler, my first wheeler was 2013 Sportsman, I'm giving it to my dad as a gift so we can both ride this year. (I'm 150 percent satisfied with what the Sportsman has given me). I've been drooling over the new 570 EPS EFI, and the price friendly $6125 I've been quoted for. After scowering through the fourms I am a little concerned with it's dependability though. So I've also been looking at the 550 Grizzly EPS which is NOT so price friendly at about $9300, I guess my general question is, should I flop down 9k on a stock Grizz, or grab the 570? The thing that is conflicting for me is for FAR LESS I can trick out that 570 with a worn wench ,THRASHR 14's, and a seat for the considerably less than the price of the stock 550 Grizzly. My girlfriend loves tagging along, actually the 500 fits a seat on the back pretty pretty damn well considering I'm a big guy topping out at about 6'4 and she STILL rides comfortably, the Grizzly isn't really all that "spacious" enough to ride 2 people IMO! another thing to keep in mind is up here in Maine I mostly just ride the rec trails, and don't really do the whole mudding thing, I baby my machine to say the least. I guess in general I'm looking for a comfy, dependable wheeler(WHO ISN'T? lol). Any feedback at all would be VERY much appreciated, everybody I ride with rides Yamaha so naturally, their telling me to go with the Grizz, but I'm not ready to just dump the Sportsman. I LOVE the product Polaris has given me so far.

Thanks everybody in advance. This is a great online community that helped me decide to get my first wheeler last year, you guys are great.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
The price of the 570 is hard to beat. That is a large difference.

I would say the 550 grizz isn't even in the same catagory as the 570 interms of power and ergos. The grizz 700 would be a closer comparison. Which should make the choice obvious.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! yeah that's kind of what I was thinking, I just wasn't sure if there was something about the Grizzly I was missing. For the extra money I could build what to me is a perfect wheeler with the 570. Not to mention the 1-year warranty compared to 6-month on the Grizz. I appreciate and value your input!

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Premium Member
10,361 Posts
honestly I think u will be surprised about the responses on the forum. the members are a fair and honest group. we will tell u what is good and lacking in the Polaris brand bikes with little to no "hating" on other brands. the couple and I mean couple of problems that have come up in the 570's have all been rectified by the dealers. the chassis is the proven value line one and the motor has been in the RZR for several years. honestly the machine is rock solid. I cant see the grizz being much better in the reliability department. but I don't know a lot about them. when u get as much power to the ground as Polaris does u are bound to come up with some issues from time to time. couple power with the industries leading 4x4 system and in certain situations the best of riders are going to break their rides. I think the dollars and cents u will save going with the 570 over the grizz is a big positive for the 570. like u stated that buys a lot of mods. good luck with ur decision.

·
Registered
274 Posts
$3000 cash is a lot of repairs or upgrades down the road.... Tires, rims, lights, winch, plow......

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've also been looking at the 2014 Can-Am Outlander MAX 650 XT, which is a 2 up(which is pretty appealing to my girlfriend). I called up the local dealer up here in Maine, the XT package price quote they gave me is around $10,500, it comes equipped with a wench(3000 pound WORN), upgraded tires,heavy duty bumpers and a convenient passenger seat that pops right off. Do you guys think that is a fair price? and what is the general opinion on the Cam Am Outlander? shopping for a new wheeler is a pretty exhilarating, it's a good issue to have IMO.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
For value, you will not beat the 570 IMO. If they were within a grand or so I would tell you get the grizzly...they r tough as nails and to anywhere and ultra reliable. Then again, for about $500 more u can be in a grizzly 700 for that matter. 3k is a big price difference though and for that savings, and if u will be satisfied with the power of the 570 (which is likely a bit more than the grizzly 550), go with the Polaris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
10,361 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,361 Posts
the can-am is also a great machine. little more power with the larger 650 motor. personally don't like the can am package of "after market" parts on the xt's. personally I like adding the parts I want on my bike. I had a laugh at the "heavy duty bumpers" the ends aren't tied together and have plastic end pieces. I think u could get a low $7K quote on the 570 touring which would be $3K+ in savings (that's a lot of cash) a lot of personal mods can be done for that amount of dow. I side with power/cc's 99% of the time, this time the 570 looks like the logical choice. Polaris clutches are superior in getting power to the ground so what ever crank hp differences there may be between the 650 and 570 it'll be nominal at the wheels.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow! That's a nice price on the Polaris 570 Touring. You honestly can't beat the value Polaris offers.

·
Premium Member
10,361 Posts
if u could get to test ride or at the very least sit on each one of the bikes u are interested in I think that will help in ur decision making.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have absolutley no quams with the value line either, I put 2500 miles on my 500 H.O. Without any issues whatsoever so the 570 Touring just might be the one! It still leaves me with roughly 3k for mods too!. (The loan I took out is 10500)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
" if u could get to test ride or at the very least sit on each one of the bikes u are interested in I think that will help in ur decision making"

Yeah, my girlfriend and I are going to tryout the Cam Am next Friday for the hell of it, she dispised the Grizz as the seat we looked at fit it so awkwardly. As I said before she has plenty of room on the 500, her ONLY complaint is foot support so going from the 500 with a seat to the 570 Touring would be like going from a dodge neon to a caddy!

·
Premium Member
10,361 Posts
I have absolutley no quams with the value line either, I put 2500 miles on my 500 H.O. Without any issues whatsoever so the 570 Touring just might be the one! It still leaves me with roughly 3k for mods too!. (The loan I took out is 10500)
that's the way to do it. my next bike im buying the bike and doing all the mods all in the beginning and at once. not that doing it piece meal is bad, I just have specific ideas on how I want to build my next bike.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's the way to do it for sure, I appriciate your input buddy.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I got my 570 touring with sixr wheels, sedona tires, and a front bumper for $8250. Nothing else out there impressed me. I looked at them all. The griz is too tall and very firm riding. Kawi is cheaply made with odd ergos. Honda is way behind on tech and power. Arctic crap is just that. Can am is nice but way overpriced and the back seat on a 2 up was not comfortable. Polaris was the cheapest, best built, fast if not the fastest, smoothest riding, and best looking IMO.

·
Premium Member
10,361 Posts
I got my 570 touring with sixr wheels, sedona tires, and a front bumper for $8250. Nothing else out there impressed me. I looked at them all. The griz is too tall and very firm riding. Kawi is cheaply made with odd ergos. Honda is way behind on tech and power. Arctic crap is just that. Can am is nice but way overpriced and the back seat on a 2 up was not comfortable. Polaris was the cheapest, best built, fast if not the fastest, smoothest riding, and best looking IMO.
that's a great picture. bike looks awesome.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So the 570 Touring edition is pretty comfy for the passenger? This is crucial haha
You've got a bad ass rig for sure my friend, it looks to be just about how I want mine. You guys have swayed me, I'm going Polaris.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts