Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of anywhere to get a snorkel kit for a 570? Every place I have called (trianlgle, extreme snorkels, ect) have told me they have never heard of a sportsman 570. If not does anyone have any videos of how to snorkel a 570?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have looked at the same kit on ebay.
I like the fact you can unscrew the snorkels from the front mount when you are in to woods hitting branches, and replace them for water crossings.

I was told by my dealer that adding a snorkel kit would void the warranty, although I don't see how.
The only thing I can think of is the book recommending that you don't traverse water deeper than the footrests.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually work for a dealer and I have not heard of it voiding your warranty for after market parts unless the issue that you are getting warrantied is cause by the part you put on.

·
Registered
64 Posts
List of parts needed for your 570 sportsman snorkel

Message me for a list of parts you will need to snorkel your 570 sportsman. I purchased a snorkel kit and soon figured out I could buy everything at Lowes or Home Depot except for the Airbox adapter which you can buy separately from Rubber Down Customs Inc or make your own. I will check my messages weekly and respond as promptly as possible.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Snorkel parts for 570 sportsman and most others.

You will need the following parts or something equivalent.......

2) flexible rubber couplings, 3" to 2"

2) 2" to 1.5" adapters ( these go into the 2 above couplings for the belt housing snorkels.

1) 1.5" elbow

4) pcs. 2" schedule 40 pvc about a foot or so long depending how high you want your snorkels.

4)2" elbows

4) 2" conduit hubs, (mounts pvc to your front box lid)

4) 2" threaded couplings

And I bought roughly 20 to 25 feet of 1 1/2" pool hose as seen in pics.

If you know a welder you could have them make the piece that mounts on your airbox. If not there are a few companies that sell just that piece.

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
Well my engine warranty got revoked first time I ever took it in for repairs with my snorkel.

Which is why I do not plan on keeping this thing.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I actually work for a dealer and I have not heard of it voiding your warranty for after market parts unless the issue that you are getting warrantied is cause by the part you put on.

Agreed. Magnusson Moss protects against this.

Common sense should tell you different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
Some installation pics of snorkel on 570

1st pic inside front right wheel well these come from belt housing around front of motor. .... 3rd pic rear belt housing....4th pic hose protector I used and front belt housing fitting...... Any questions? more pics later. I stay pretty busy, sorry.

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
Looks good,.. but that is a mean bend in your strut in the first picture.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Triangleatv.com has the snorkit and it is the complete package! I am going to install mine tomorrow and I will take detailed pictures as I go, may even make a video and we will see how it goes. As far as the kit goes, these guys have put together a top notch package!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wow !

Triangleatv.com has the snorkit and it is the complete package! I am going to install mine tomorrow and I will take detailed pictures as I go, may even make a video and we will see how it goes. As far as the kit goes, these guys have put together a top notch package!
Almost $300 ! If you got it that's all good but everything except for the air box plate is available at any Home Depot or Lowes for less than $100. And if you cant make your own or don't have someone to do it for you you can buy it from rubberdowncustoms.com.... rubberdown customs - atv spring spacers for Polaris RZR Aluminum

·
Registered
64 Posts
1st pic inside front right wheel well these come from belt housing around front of motor. .... 3rd pic rear belt housing....4th pic hose protector I used and front belt housing fitting...... Any questions? more pics later. I stay pretty busy, sorry.
................Pics of 2" holes in rear of the front cargo box............Look in my "albums" to see pics also.

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
How long does it take to install the triangle kit. Did all the parts fit on perfect or was there some modification that had to be done and does it seem like a good kir

·
Registered
11 Posts
The kit from triangle was a breeze to install, mostly the dvd they send with STEP BY STEP instructions and the little things they include and show you what to do make this kit well worth the money. I installed this and done all the work myself in about 3 hours and that was taking my time to make sure everything was perfect. comes with di electric grease, new drain plug grommets, top of the line fuel and diff line venting as well as an extra plastic rivet to hold the side plastic on that the hoses push pressure onto. I can't stress enough HOW VALUABLE the step by step installation instructions that come with this kit are. Uprights above rack have fabricated metal brackets to keep everything held together good and tight also.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am about done with this thing for now, I had some room to play with accessories since I got a great buy on it, I got it brand new from dealer at a blow out price of $4794.00!!
So I bought the TriangleATV snorkel kit, the Boss ATV 20 Stereo System, 3000lb Superwinch, 14" WREC Polaris Wheels and 26" Maxxis Bighorn Tires, and the Backrest/Storage Bag (Mostly for the comfort of my wife).

1 - 20 of 62 Posts