Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Sportsman 570 EFI. I want to leave the ugly stock rims on right now but want to add an aggressive tire. However, I don't want to have to put spacers and all that jazz. What's a more aggressive tire that I could use for the time being? The tires now are Front: 25x 8-12 and Back: 25x 10-12.

·
Premium Member
11,473 Posts
bighorn 2.0's are made in that size.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So that size wouldn't require and spacers,lift, or etc?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
As long as you stay at or near stock any tire will fit

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Get the Maxxis Bighorns 2.0...youll love them!!

·
Registered
737 Posts
How agressive do you want to go. Pure mud tire all terrain? I think they made some outlaws in a 9.5'' width just for the reason people won't need spacers on the polaris bikes. I am guessing if you needed to you could flip your tie rods if you needed a little more clearance in the front.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I use to run Titan 589 MT on my honda four trax and loved them. I had a 350 and they kept burning up my rings. But now I have the polaris 570 and so I figured I would be fine on power with about any 25

·
Registered
815 Posts
We have ran ITP 589 tires on several things. Kinda heavy but indestructible tire really. Plus it's a run flat.

·
Premium Member
11,473 Posts
if ur running trails with ruts n rocks and moderate mud the bighorn 2.0's would be me recommendation. like I said they are made in the oem size or u could go up to a 26x9-12 in the front and 26x11-12 in the rear.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all! I'm going to search for prices today after I get out of a meeting.

·
Super Moderator
7,075 Posts
For about $40 per rim, maybe less, you can get a set of ITP Delta steel wheels and then you could fit any tire you want on there. I'm also a fan of Maxxis Bighorns, but I highly recommend the originals over the 2.0's.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's not bad for the rim. My buddy owns a tool and dye shop and I've always sand blasted the OEM rims and then had one of his workers use high temp paint and paint them the same color as my wheeler. However, I want a different look and I feel like every aftermarket rim out there, one of my friends have and I want to be different lol. Just an FYI my friend I rode with this weekend has a Honda Pioneer 700 sxs and the 570 went every where plus some that it did on stock tires and rims. he had maxxis bighorn 2.0 on ITP rims.

·
Registered
964 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts