570 good or bad

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys think about the new sportsman 570,

i dont think it is one of the best moves for Polaris removing there best selling at from there line up.

why change something that is working?
what do you guys think is it a good choice or bad ?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Bad idea the 500 was the best selling since 1996 it made Polaris, i think they should of kept the classic 500 it was the best and the cheapest. Bad idea

·
Super Moderator
6,990 Posts
I think it is a good step. It separates them even further from the competition. I also hear rumors that Polaris is trying to break away from Fuji engines and stay in house with Prostar power. That probably doesn't bode well for the future of the 400 or the 800. However, if they step up in those two areas the way they just did with the 570, it's a win/win.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why would they want to make a 570 when they have a 550 they would be in the same class and like bucksandducks said it was what made Polaris , Polaris it was the best selling atv

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think it is a great move, not to different from the last update around 04/05 although we have a new motor/trans that looks on paper to be way ahead of the old fuji 500 and great new looks to go with it. I don't understand how anyone can think it's a bad thing.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
I think it is a great move, not to different from the last update around 04/05 although we have a new motor/trans that looks on paper to be way ahead of the old fuji 500 and great new looks to go with it. I don't understand how anyone can think it's a bad thing.
Simple, the XP crowd is JEALOUS!! But the value line is more dependable than the XP, and deserved an update!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Simple, the XP crowd is JEALOUS!! But the value line is more dependable than the XP, and deserved an update!!
That there is funny. An XP owner being jealous of a Sportsman. I don't think that would happen. Sounds like someone wishes they had an XP, and not stuck with a 400. :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Just to add to this, I was thinking an 850 scrambler would be my next quad, not anymore, I would be seriously looking at the 570 with eps over the 850.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think a new redesigned engine with more power and efi and some new body styling would keep the 500 name and still be updated

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Glad they didn't put it in the X2 with EPS...I might have had to buy one...heh.

Sean

·
Registered
167 Posts
I think it's a good move. I looked at the new 500s this year but ended up with an 09 because I wanted EFI. I predict that they will sell a ton of them.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Better unload your 550's now boys. Kinda weird that when polaris 2014 new website came out they had an icon for 601 plus models. NOW thats gone from their site. I believe that fuji screwed them on the 550 (or some how) and a prostar is coming out soon for the mid line xp model frame. Just a thought but something to consider. I am not selling my two 550's btw, lol They treat me good

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
all I can say is I think it was smart. I got lots of work into my Xp to make it half as durable as my sportsman 800, I think updates with this chassis should be welcome say the 900 prostar is the classic then a 950 or 1000 in a xp in the future.

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
all I can say is I think it was smart. I got lots of work into my Xp to make it half as durable as my sportsman 800, I think updates with this chassis should be welcome say the 900 prostar is the classic then a 950 or 1000 in a xp in the future.
I can agree with that. :veryhappy: Definitely need a bike in the, over 1000 cc, category, Should be the XP with all the extras.
The 570 is an awesome move on the part of Polaris, IMO

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Polaris discontinuing there 500 is like if Honda discontinued the civic, not a very good choice I think
I do agree with your Honda analogy, but the 400 has essentially become the 500 anyway now. Same frame, nearly same HP and price tag.

I also agree with you on the fact that the 550 and 570 are in class self-competitors. I have a feeling the 550 will disappear with the advent of the 570.

1 - 20 of 135 Posts