Polaris ATV Forum banner

570 good or bad

• Total voters
81 - 100 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
If I was in the market for a new machine I'd still take the 550xp over the 570 value line without hesitation
Maybe just a little bit bias, with that remark, especially since you haven't ridden a 570HO yet. We all have our favorites, but I think it might be better to reserve our comments until we ACTUALLY have ridden what we're commenting about
I just prefer the ride of the xp chasis over the value line chasis,the 570 chasis is only slightly modified over the current value line with a slightly narrower seat and different rear rack
I can appreciate that, but as you stated the new 570 chassis is different somewhat, and probably has a somewhat different feel than the current 500 chassis, so after you ride one your thoughts could change completely, and if the seat is narrower I can guarantee you a different feel than the current line. Lets give it a chance before condemning it to being just another Value line chassis

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Maybe just a little bit bias, with that remark, especially since you haven't ridden a 570HO yet. We all have our favorites, but I think it might be better to reserve our comments until we ACTUALLY have ridden what we're commenting about
I just prefer the ride of the xp chasis over the value line chasis,the 570 chasis is only slightly modified over the current value line with a slightly narrower seat and different rear rack
I can appreciate that, but as you stated the new 570 chassis is different somewhat, and probably has a somewhat different feel than the current 500 chassis, so after you ride one your thoughts could change completely, and if the seat is narrower I can guarantee you a different feel than the current line. Lets give it a chance before condemning it to being just another Value line chassis
I really hope the seat is not narrower!! Let the XP guys have that to brag about... WE get the 570!! :)

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
I really hope the seat is not narrower!! Let the XP guys have that to brag about... WE get the 570!! :)
^^^^^^ Good idea, I like my wide seat

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I've never sat on a 500 but it's a major width thing compared to my '04.5 700. The width was a deal breaker with my wife when she sat on the Yami 700. I was open to either a Sportsman or Grizzly. She hated the Grizz seat width and feel of the EPS on the Grizz.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
I think it is a great move, not to different from the last update around 04/05 although we have a new motor/trans that looks on paper to be way ahead of the old fuji 500 and great new looks to go with it. I don't understand how anyone can think it's a bad thing.
Simple, the XP crowd is JEALOUS!! But the value line is more dependable than the XP, and deserved an update!!
That there is funny. An XP owner being jealous of a Sportsman. I don't think that would happen. Sounds like someone wishes they had an XP, and not stuck with a 400. :)
I will NEVER own an XP!! The tables are turning, and the future so so bright for the Value line. Should change it to Classic!!

·
Registered
216 Posts
They would still have to redesign all of the body plastics before i'd look at one,especially the front storage box,my brothers 2013 doesn't keep out any dust or water after only 1 year

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Its better then no front storage. Ours get dust in them but stay pretty dang dry.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Its better then no front storage. Ours get dust in them but stay pretty dang dry.

Mine is nice and dry.

I wonder if the cover needs to be lined back up?? Do you ever use silicone lube on the seal?? As they age, they will dry out and contract.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I'll try that. Literally a few drops of water make it through riding through a lot of water. 98% of the time its dry.
Dust on my wife's( last in line ) gets bad.

·
Registered
7,463 Posts
I know the storage on mine the hinge will get bent out of shape from time to time and need to be re-aligned. as for the front storage on the value line. thats one of the big selling points for me. part of the reason I don't like the XP's is the lack of built in storage. You shouldn't have to pay extra money to take along the absolute essentials with you on the trail. Winch accessories, tool kit. first aid kit. survival kit. TP. should all be able to go with you without having to buy extra storage devices. The narrower seat is a good thing for my family. not so much for me at 6'5" 235 but a huge deal for my wife at 4'10.5" 110. and the EPS will be a life saver for her if she were to ride a larger utility ATV which is what we're talking about anyway.I think that the 570 is going to out sell the 500 and I'm going to be all over one come the end of the year. My wife is just going to have to deal with the payments. better to ask for forgiveness than permission right? lol. she'll like it once she's calmed down enough to ride it.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Any idea if the 570 is a wet or dry sump?

Sean

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I believe I have read wet sump.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
They would still have to redesign all of the body plastics before i'd look at one,especially the front storage box,my brothers 2013 doesn't keep out any dust or water after only 1 year
Kinda picky aren't we, plastics, from what I'm hearing the 570 has a new look and you worry about dust and some water in the storage box, I'd say dust and water gets in all boxes to a point, and if you're worried about water in the box, you need a boat not an atv

·
Registered
216 Posts
Kinda picky aren't we, plastics, from what I'm hearing the 570 has a new look and you worry about dust and some water in the storage box, I'd say dust and water gets in all boxes to a point, and if you're worried about water in the box, you need a boat not an atv
The plastics are identical to the 500 except for the narrower seat,and yes I'm picky if I' gonna spend several thousand dollars on a machine I want somthing I like, and I shouln't have to keep maps and gear in plastic bags in the front storage box

·
Super Moderator
6,990 Posts
I know the storage on mine the hinge will get bent out of shape from time to time and need to be re-aligned. as for the front storage on the value line. thats one of the big selling points for me. part of the reason I don't like the XP's is the lack of built in storage. You shouldn't have to pay extra money to take along the absolute essentials with you on the trail. Winch accessories, tool kit. first aid kit. survival kit. TP. should all be able to go with you without having to buy extra storage devices. The narrower seat is a good thing for my family. not so much for me at 6'5" 235 but a huge deal for my wife at 4'10.5" 110. and the EPS will be a life saver for her if she were to ride a larger utility ATV which is what we're talking about anyway.I think that the 570 is going to out sell the 500 and I'm going to be all over one come the end of the year. My wife is just going to have to deal with the payments. better to ask for forgiveness than permission right? lol. she'll like it once she's calmed down enough to ride it.
That is one of the features I like about the XP. The removable front storage box has many advantages over the built in style on the value models. I didn't mind paying the $150, or whatever it was, to buy the box since it is a must have, basic for me. As long as Polaris continues to offer the front storage, be it built in or lock n ride style, it will be one of my favorite features.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
The plastics are identical to the 500 except for the narrower seat,and yes I'm picky if I' gonna spend several thousand dollars on a machine I want somthing I like, and I shouln't have to keep maps and gear in plastic bags in the front storage box
Like I said, if your going that deep, get a boat. Why should anyone design you a box for underwater excursions on a 4 wheeler. For what the machines are designed to do, their boxes are just fine, and you will always be keeping your stuff in bags if you want to submarine your atv, no matter who makes it. As far as dust, they make air hoses for that...try it sometime

·
Registered
7,463 Posts
That is one of the features I like about the XP. The removable front storage box has many advantages over the built in style on the value models. I didn't mind paying the $150, or whatever it was, to buy the box since it is a must have, basic for me. As long as Polaris continues to offer the front storage, be it built in or lock n ride style, it will be one of my favorite features.
I'm already paying several thousand $$$ on an ATV. Why should I have to pay more just to be able to take the essentials that I need to have with me?

·
Super Moderator
6,990 Posts
You don't "have" to, just do without. If an extra $150 is too much for you, you have taken up the wrong hobby. Hard to believe some of the things people will bitch about. Sheesh. :motz:

81 - 100 of 135 Posts