Polaris ATV Forum banner

570 good or bad

• Total voters
121 - 135 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Simple, the XP crowd is JEALOUS!! But the value line is more dependable than the XP, and deserved an update!!
That there is funny. An XP owner being jealous of a Sportsman. I don't think that would happen. Sounds like someone wishes they had an XP, and not stuck with a 400. :)
For someone that is completely new to all of this, what is the difference between an XP and Sportsman?

"Bout a thousand $$$$$ - sorry just had to do it.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Xp runs different suspension motor transmission and looks different. It still goes by the name sportsman though. Totally different bikes

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Everything is different on the XP. Frame, suspension, plastics, Everything.

·
Registered
13 Posts
570 Is "AWESOME"

I finally got to put my 2014 570 thru some some pretty demanding trails yesterday. Mine has EFI but not EPS. I just could not see the extra money. First of all, I have added a 2500k harbor freight winch and the adapter that makes all 3 lights burn on high beam (other than that, all stock). The sportsman did not let me down at all. Power was not an issue. I am right at 6' and about 250lbs. This thing handled some pretty tough terrain. I stuck it up once (if I had hit the water a little faster it might have made it through). Anyway it was above the floor boards, and I could tell it was only going to get worse (mud was thick). So I took out my tow strap (20'or 24' don't remember) and had my son wrap one end around a tree and used my new never been tested winch (remote control) to see what would happen. I winched myself out (me on 570) with no problems at all. Had read some reviews where the winch would only run for 4 or 5 seconds and stop? Mine ran as long as I held the button. I ran my 570 in Low range and AWD most of the time. It had rained the night before and most of the trails were fairly muddy. Some of the mud holes were fairly deep (we had been warned before going into trails). I did not encounter anything that would have covered the atv, but several were at least over 2' (i'm not into drowning the thing). Overall the 570 preformed great, the ride was comfortable and I have not encountered any issues with it yet. Now I know some of you out there have been in more demanding situations, but at 58 I just don't get over getting the crap beat out me like I used too (lol). I am working on getting to the 25 hr mark so I can take it in for its first service. I wanted to see what this thing is capable of without going over top while its still under warranty. Overall I think its a great atv, at a great price (think i paid about $5700) and a real pleasure to ride. Sorry for such a long post, but i'm sure that there are others that want details. So if you are looking to buy or replace, I really recommend the 570. Ride safe! Oh ya, if you are looking to buy a winch (whichever brand) I recommend getting the Polaris winch mount kit and front roller kit. Its all is made to fit and installs with no problem. Also wiring the winch is a breeze.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Glad you are happy with your choice. as for it getting stuck, better tires (the stock 489's SUCK) would probably have done more for getting you through than going in faster. going in faster just increases your potential for breaking something.

·
Registered
13 Posts

Thanks for the info. I agree, when I wear these down I will go with something better. I have not ridden in years, is it just me or does this just wear you out?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I recently bought a 570 touring for my wife and when I called my dealer to order one, he tried upselling me the $1700 more 550. I am glad I stayed with the 570, the suspension is more than adequate and I could care less about aluminum rims. So far the 570 is great and fast enough for me to ride it but comfortable enough for my wife to have fun as well.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Thanks for the info. I agree, when I wear these down I will go with something better. I have not ridden in years, is it just me or does this just wear you out?
yes it does, but you wouldn't be as worn out if you had EPS. that being said, the more you ride, the more your endurance will improve.

·
Registered
32 Posts
this is my first time ever making a post on a forum, so if his is not in the right spot i appologize. I have just upgraded from a 2006 500HO EFI o a 570 touring. COMPLETELY different animal. WAY more comforitable, WAY more powerful, better ride, looks better, ect. ect. ect. The 570 will wheelie all day long an that is with 27 zillas. Unfortunatly there is no EPS but not a huge deal to me. Im glad the did away with the old and tired gutless 500ho. just my opinion...

·
Registered
246 Posts
this is my first time ever making a post on a forum, so if his is not in the right spot i appologize. I have just upgraded from a 2006 500HO EFI o a 570 touring. COMPLETELY different animal. WAY more comforitable, WAY more powerful, better ride, looks better, ect. ect. ect. The 570 will wheelie all day long an that is with 27 zillas. Unfortunatly there is no EPS but not a huge deal to me. Im glad the did away with the old and tired gutless 500ho. just my opinion...
Interesting. I went from a 2008 500 HO EFI to a 2014 570, and I wouldn't say its completely different at all. IMO, just feels like a newer version should....smoother, little peppier, little tighter, little trimmer feeling.
And my 500 was beat on pretty hard.
Didn't have EPS on either.
My 500 had ADC, but I never used it.
I wasn't even really in the market for one, but the price of a 570 made it make more sense than getting ready to put some more money into the 500.
but obviously, YMMV.

Nostalgia aside, I cant think of anything that the 500 has over the 570 to justify it "keeping its job" in the lineup.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Interesting. I went from a 2008 500 HO EFI to a 2014 570, and I wouldn't say its completely different at all. IMO, just feels like a newer version should....smoother, little peppier, little tighter, little trimmer feeling.
I wasn't even really in the market for one, but the price of a 570 made it make more sense than getting ready to put some more money into the 500.
but obviously, YMMV.

Nostalgia aside, I cant think of anything that the 500 has over the 570 to justify it "keeping its job" in the lineup.
just read my own post and it made me sound like i didnt like my 500 HO EFI. I loved it and beat on it very hard with very few issues. Just was trying to relay how much more i like the 570

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
but obviously, YMMV.

just read my own post and it made me sound like i didnt like my 500 HO EFI. I loved it and beat on it very hard with very few issues. Just was trying to relay how much more i like the 570
I like the 570 engine also, but I wouldn't go singing its praises until you have beaten on it the way you can the 500's, and see if it will take the abuse like the old Fuji motor. We will all be extremely lucky if that happens

·
Registered
13 Posts
570 Is "AWESOME"

I finally got to put my 2014 570 thru some some pretty demanding trails yesterday. Mine has EFI but not EPS. I just could not see the extra money. First of all, I have added a 2500k harbor freight winch and the adapter that makes all 3 lights burn on high beam (other than that, all stock). The sportsman did not let me down at all. Power was not an issue. I am right at 6' and about 250lbs. This thing handled some pretty tough terrain. I stuck it up once (if I had hit the water a little faster it might have made it through). Anyway it was above the floor boards, and I could tell it was only going to get worse (mud was thick). So I took out my tow strap (20'or 24' don't remember) and had my son wrap one end around a tree and used my new never been tested winch (remote control) to see what would happen. I winched myself out (me on 570) with no problems at all. Had read some reviews where the winch would only run for 4 or 5 seconds and stop? Mine ran as long as I held the button. I ran my 570 in Low range and AWD most of the time. It had rained the night before and most of the trails were fairly muddy. Some of the mud holes were fairly deep (we had been warned before going into trails). I did not encounter anything that would have covered the atv, but several were at least over 2' (i'm not into drowning the thing). Overall the 570 preformed great, the ride was comfortable and I have not encountered any issues with it yet. Now I know some of you out there have been in more demanding situations, but at 58 I just don't get over getting the crap beat out me like I used too (lol). I am working on getting to the 25 hr mark so I can take it in for its first service. I wanted to see what this thing is capable of without going over top while its still under warranty. Overall I think its a great atv, at a great price (think i paid about $5700) and a real pleasure to ride. Sorry for such a long post, but i'm sure that there are others that want details. So if you are looking to buy or replace, I really recommend the 570. Ride safe! Oh ya, if you are looking to buy a winch (whichever brand) I recommend getting the Polaris winch mount kit and front roller kit. Its all is made to fit and installs with no problem. Also wiring the winch is a breeze.

Update: 01/21/2020 I have two 570's and both are around 330 miles. ( Don't get ridden all that much anymore) Had to replace the intank fuel pump on one, and had a (key) that was internal that broke( not letting it start). When replacing the fuel pump, be sure and check the plug wire ( just snaps in place on the regulator). I think I knocked mine loose a little, cause after replacing pump, it cranked and ran fine, then cut off and would not start. I either knocked it loose taking the plug out or removing the front end plastic. Anyway, I started looking over everything, pulled the plug and cleaned, still nothing. Then I got to thinking it was like it was not getting any juice (turned over fine). While cranking, I wiggled the plug wire and it cranked. Anyway, made sure it was making contact and snapped into place good and tried cutting off and cranking 5 or 6 times and it did fine. I watched a youtube on how to change the fuel pump (easy). So I saved some money not taking it in to be fixed. Be ready to change batteries every couple of years. I haven't found any that are really great. I started to get a no maintenance one but I could not see $100 bucks vs $50 and the auto zone person said you can expect about the same life span for each. Anyway, keep fuel conditioner in your tank, crank every week, and I keep battery tenders on them and that seems to help. Otherwise I have been pleased with them. Again, sorry for the long post but I for one have found a great deal of information on this site. Thanks everyone

121 - 135 of 135 Posts