Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am a first time polaris owner. I've been faithful to another brand for 20 years, but I read all the great reviews about polaris and decided to go out and buy a sportsman 570. My first ride I noticed it was making a horrible noise as I was driving it. Turns out it was the shifter linkage rattling on the exhaust "easy fix" My second ride I noticed that my taillight was not working. It ended up being the bulb was installed wrong "easy fix" On my third ride I was driving up a slightly muddy incline, so I put it in "awd" 2 seconds later the front end starts making a horrible popping noise. I put it back in 2wd then drive for about 10 mins and try again with the same popping noise. When I get home I notice that the bike has multiple loose screws, nuts, bolts, hose clamps, and none of the zerk fittings were greased. "Easy fix, but irritated. The forth ride I was at the deer lease. The bike was on the trailer as it was raining the night before. I started the bike, put it in gear, gave it throttle and nothing happened. I drained the belt housing and it was full of water. "Easy fix, but I'm pissed" when I get the bike home I go over it with a fine tooth comb. I can ramble on about more minor things like the plastic pieces coming apart, and the high beam light not working, but oh well. This bike has 4 easy hours on it and 53 easy miles. It's brand new and I have had my tools out every time I've ridden it. I think I made a mistake by purchasing a polaris. Hopefully it is a good machine after the bugs are worked out. Oh, I guess the water is getting in the clutch housing from the 1/4 inch gap in the housing that I guess I will take it to the dealer to fix.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Sounds like your dealer did a shitty setup. If you paid a set up fee, I'd be asking for it back.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I called the dealer and told them about the seal on the belt housing. He said "there is nothing we can do about it that's how it was designed try some silicon" I guess I will sell this lemon and loose about $1500

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Agree with the above statements...the dealer never set up your machine properly when they took it out of the crate. I'd be looking for a better dealer not necessarily a better brand.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
If I keep it what kind of silicon should I use?
Not sure what you are trying to seal. Is it the rear where it meets the transmission or the outside where the clutch cover meets the housing?

If its where the housing meets the transmission than many folks use a product called "the right stuff" by permatex.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Your dealer sounds like an asshole, to be quite frank about it. Make a call to Polaris to see if they can help you and report the dealer for terrible service. Definitely look for a new dealer. Apparently this dealer has no sense of customer service to let a machine roll out like that and not even offer a fix? Maybe you should post the dealers name here so others don't get screwed over either... Just my $.02

·
Registered
815 Posts
lemon laws...
I have had my 570 for a little over a month. Only problem was the headlight pod on the bars didnt fit right. the white top and black bottom had a big gap with a broken tab. Fixed under warranty right now no questions asked.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lemon laws...
I have had my 570 for a little over a month. Only problem was the headlight pod on the bars didnt fit right. the white top and black bottom had a big gap with a broken tab. Fixed under warranty right now no questions asked.
I have the same exact broken tab

·
Registered
765 Posts
I'm not sure you'd have a lemon law case. usually for a lemon law you have to have the same problem repeatedly, it just sounds like this machine wasn't put together very well from the factory and the dealer did a poor job setting it up. good luck! I know its frustrating when you buy something new and it doesn't work like you think it should.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
It's the outside clutch cover. Thanks for the help.
Huh, that should not be leaking. I've talked to MANY mudders and they never have an issue even when it's submerged. The OEM rubber gasket is usually more than sufficient. It's the inside where the cover meets the tranny that tends to leak.

Sounds like something else might be messed up with that gasket or maybe those bolts weren't torqued correctly too?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an unrelated question I just purchased a 570 as well and don't know how to start a new thread someone please help

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I have an unrelated question I just purchased a 570 as well and don't know how to start a new thread someone please help
Go here: http://www.polarisatvforums.com/forums/

Pick appropriate section.

Once you click the appropriate section, the page that loads will have a tab at the top that says "new thread."

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Water in belt box

Hi, I purchased a set of 570 sportsman in December 2014. They both were fine until last week when my wife attempted to ride one and it would barley move. I took the ATV into the dealership who told me the ATV had been in the water and the belt box had been immersed. The dealership added that the belt was glazed and the clutch needed to be cleaned.

The ATV has never been in water above the floorboards. The ATVs are stored outside and it has been a tremendous amount of rain in the last couple of weeks. I have taken pictures of the ATV at the dealership. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. I have read several posts about the boot leaking at the belt box entrance. I could see where the clamp had been on the box side of the boot but I do not know how tight it was.

I am still in my six month warranty period. Please give me some opinions. The dealership first called me and told me it would be 300+ for a new belt and to clean the clutch. After I went to the dealership in person and had several conversations with the service manager, tech, and desk man they began to spout off about my warranty being void and even with the warranty it would not cover the inspection fee. The service manager now says the belt and clutch is fine and I owe $80 bucks. What do you guys think?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts