Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

**reposting to HL area of the forum for specific input there as well

I have been researching a lot about lifts, tires, axles, etc on here, but wanted to run this by you guys......

Still on the fence about how mild or wild i may want to go with my 850 touring. I love the machine, my wife and I go out riding often, and I have been slowly working on things here and there. Basically, I either go with my wife and we are double up - more so out cruising and running anywhere from 20-50%. Or I go out with the guys and we are rippin it up, muddin, etc and running anywhere from 50-80% with shorts bouts of 100% if that makes sense.

So, with a little background, I wanted some insight into potentially carrying out this build. Let me know how you think this will hold up. I want it to be extremely reliable, not leave us stranded, but still be able to handle those days where I want to push it a little more! Anyone out there riding this setup or something similar? Am I missing anything?

I'm not as young and heavy on the throttle as I once was, and I like to think that this build would be a pretty dependable build for me.

A big thing I question is maybe getting something with a little more give than OL2s.... maybe mega mayhems or something.

Look forward to the always good feedback guys!

(2) $458.00 Outlaw DHT Axle for Polaris Sportsman 550/850, Scrambler XP 850/1000 Front
Vehicle: Polaris - Sportsman 850 Touring EPS - 2014

(2) $458.00 Outlaw DHT Axle for Polaris Sportsman 550/850, Scrambler 850/1000 Rear

(1) $314.95 3" Signature Series Lift Kit for Polaris Sportsman and Scrambler

(2) $388.00 Outlaw 2 Tire - 28X9.5X14

(2) $424.00 Outlaw 2 Tire - 28X11X14

Sub Total: $2,042.95

I would probably like to stick somewhat close to this budget. I thought I could do it for cheaper, but this seems like what I need to get it done right.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
If its not a dedicated mud bike skip the outlaws, and look at the outback max/terminator/motoboss/cryptid type tires that will be better all around.
The other parts should be fine.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If its not a dedicated mud bike skip the outlaws, and look at the outback max/terminator/motoboss/cryptid type tires that will be better all around.
The other parts should be fine.
Thanks! What size can I fit with that kit? This is a touring bike, so I know there is the issue with the rear footwells. The kit mentions 28" online, but that seems overly conservative.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Get a measuring tape out.
Measure the true height of your current tire, and then the distance from the tire to the passenger footwell/bracket.

Some guys have modified the bracket in the wheel well for more clearance.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get a measuring tape out.
Measure the true height of your current tire, and then the distance from the tire to the passenger footwell/bracket.

Some guys have modified the bracket in the wheel well for more clearance.
Yeah, good advice, but I was curious with that lift setup which I currently don't have....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts