Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im having an issue with the engine compartment bungin up with snow is there inner wheel well fenders or does anyone know how to solve this issue

·
Registered
679 Posts
You can try Pam from the kitchen, Fluid Film works too I hear. I know hard core snow shovelers wax their shovels so the snow slides off easy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol lookin for a more solid fix had such an issue comin off the lake. Boggin down no power on occasion... atleast im thinkin its cause of the packed snow

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
679 Posts
I guess I read that wrong. I thought you where saying that your inner fender wells where building up with snow. Bogging down like an electrical issue? Dielectric grease on your electrical connections may solve the issue.
I love winter riding, I have never had issues with snow around the engine, it usually melts pretty quick.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dunno of its electrical cause it didnt affect anything electrical. But yes i think dealer might be gettin a call from me

·
Registered
815 Posts
I too read this as a question of how to keep snow from building up

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Strange, This year I have been using my 550 on the lake for ice fishing and it has been in slush and snow with -30c out and not a glitch..Maybe snow blocking the air box some how???

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya i dunno like the first time i took it out it had lots of slush n no issue on a minus 30 day and the last bad wind going thru the drifts seem to bog it down like i was sayin.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
maybe you were sucking in fine snow in airbox and it froze..check your airbox for water...just a thot..never know

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
on very cold days the snow is very fine like powder..so its very easy to be sucked in the air intake....I had it happen to my truck one time....took awhile to figure it out....

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Snow dust is a common issue with snowmobiles and it will sneak in every where and cause issues.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ya that seems to be the issue cause it did it to me yesterday. Im still wondering tho if there are aftermarket inner wheel well fenders to stop snow from fillin up in engine compartment. So i atleast dont have to thaw my bike out every night after icefishing

1 - 15 of 15 Posts