DRIVETRAIN
Transmission/Final Drive: Automatic PVT P/R/N/H Single Forward Gear; Shaft
Engine Braking System: Standard
Active Descent Control: Standard

SUSPENSION
Front Suspension: Dual A-Arm 9" (22.9 cm) Travel; heavy duty shocks
Rear Suspension Dual A-Arm, Rolled 10.25" (26 cm) Travel; heavy duty shocks
BRAKES
Front/Rear Brakes Single Lever 4-Wheel Hydraulic Discs with Hydraulic Rear Foot Brake
Parking Brake: Park in Transmission/Lockable Hand Lever

TIRES / WHEELS
Front Tires: 26 x 8-14 NPT
Rear Tires: 26 x 8-14 NPT
Wheels: NPT 8-spoke Cast Aluminum

DIMENSIONS / CAPACITIES
Wheelbase: 57" (144.8 CM)
Dry Weight: 1114 lbs (505.2 kg)
Overall Vehicle Size (L x W x H): 94.5 x 47.3 x 52 in (242.3 x 120.1 x 132.1 cm)
Ground Clearance: 11.25 in / 28.5 cm
Fuel Capacity: 5.25 gal (19.9 L) + 6.5 gal (24.6 L) reserve
Cooling: Higher Capacity Cooling System
Front/Rear Rack: 200 lbs (91 kg)/400 lbs (181 kg)
Payload Capacity: 850 lbs. (385.5 kg)
Towing Capacity: 1,500 lb (680.4 kg)
Unbraked Trailer Towing Capacity: N/A
Hitch/Type: Standard 2 in / 5 cm Receiver

FEATURES
Cargo System: Polaris powder coated black steel w/D-rings
Lighting: Triple 50w High Beam, Dual 50w Low Beam Headlights; Single Brakelight/Taillight
Electronic Power Steering: Standard
Fixed Front Winch: Standard
Shift Lever Lock: Standard - Military Based
Full Underbody Skidplate: Standard
Push Bumper: Standard - Military Based
Wider Foot Wells: Standard - Military Based
Enhanced Chassis: Standard - Military Based
Full Body Steel Exoskeleton: Standard - Military Based
Colors: Avalanche Gray
MSRP: $14,999

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
surprised there is no Low Gear...

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
The Hawkeye's didn't have a low gear either, and it does just fine without it. but damn, talk about a heavy weight. looks cool and the airless tires are cool. that's a lot of weight though. Not sure I'd want that.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
The hawkeye's weren't made to hold 600lbs on the racks. maybe its just geared lower like suggested above.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
wonder if that front rack/bumper assembly would fit a regular xp.. Doesn't look like its lock n' ride, but would be a neat if it fit..

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I love how the reserve is bigger than the main tank. lol.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Leave it to Polaris to go the opposite route that they should. (heavier)

IMO that thing is frickin' ugly!

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
more than likely it's just a gearing thing. They are expecting the engine to provide the power to get up to speed, but they also know that with more than a 1/2 ton dry weight that could very easily reach 1 ton with the payload capacity listed it's not going to be fast. nor should it be that fast.

dry weight 1114 lbs
payload 850
fuel weight 99.5225 lbs
Oil weight (approximately 4 quarts for engine, diffs, and trans) 8lbs

total weight 2071.52. and my guess is some will see easily 500 lbs more pretty regularly based on the type of use these kind of vehicles get.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
more than likely it's just a gearing thing. They are expecting the engine to provide the power to get up to speed, but they also know that with more than a 1/2 ton dry weight that could very easily reach 1 ton with the payload capacity listed it's not going to be fast. nor should it be that fast.

dry weight 1114 lbs
payload 850
fuel weight 99.5225 lbs
Oil weight (approximately 4 quarts for engine, diffs, and trans) 8lbs

total weight 2071.52. and my guess is some will see easily 500 lbs more pretty regularly based on the type of use these kind of vehicles get.

Good! Use all that fuel to burn this ugly turd to the ground!

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Leave it to Polaris to go the opposite route that they should. (heavier)

IMO that thing is frickin' ugly!
This is a military spec vehicle, not meant as a huge public seller. For the Military it's going to be great. for the common rider, it's either Ugly, heavy, or unpractical.

It should be Diesel.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
its a take off of the military vehicle. The true military one is the MV850 and it has more toys. I guess its a way for Polaris to produce some extra racks etc to bring down cost overall for the MV.

Not sure who in civilian life would buy it. ???

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
its a take off of the military vehicle. The true military one is the MV850 and it has more toys. I guess its a way for Polaris to produce some extra racks etc to bring down cost overall for the MV.

Not sure who in civilian life would buy it. ???
might be nice to have on a farm. especially if you've got a couple thousand acres where it's a long way back if something goes wrong so you bring what you can with you. thus the larger racks. and the NF tires.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
A little heavier than the MV 850.

Looks like a great hunting rig

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
looks like this is using steel where on the MV it's aluminum. probably a cost saving technique. unless those NF tires are 136 lbs more than the steel wheel and tire combo.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Those tires will shine on hard surfaces like concrete. Just search out posts on the Michelin Tweel, many are impressed with them.

·
Registered
217 Posts
What is the single forward gear supposed to be? Less speed and power? Any thoughts?
I would think the single gear forward is so that you don't have to stop to choose a gear level and be a stationary target. Last thing I'd want to do, is stop and change gears when the enemy is trying to pepper my butt.....

·
Registered
270 Posts
It kinda looks like a tank.....er, weighs almost the same too, hahaha!!!!!! They can't be serious about using those tires I hope! Imagine how much vibration you will get when mud gets stuck in the holes!!!! Good thing I bought a 2013, wouldn't even consider that thing!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts