Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
they are heavy and quite frankly a brick shit house.. seen them over in africa wen i was deployed there cool design.. but really unnecessary to the average joe

·
Registered
455 Posts
only $15k ?!
j/k
who can justify that? I can go get a Jeep for that kinda money. I mean geez people, its a toy! God bless you if you've got that kinda cash layin around. wow
... but if I won the lotto :)

·
Registered
378 Posts
Looks like it could protect you from land mines though. Its a Hummer in an ATV form. Says it has 77 horses along with a Military-Grade tranny . Something like an Allison Huh? Bullet proof I guess. Interesting to look at but could never justify owning one. again, interesting. :)

·
Registered
815 Posts
dont they only have a 1 speed transmission? like no low or high, just forward and reverse.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
^ i believe you are right, its kind of just a hybrid, not quite low or high. its built for grunt work, so i can understand that. seems most dealers are asking 13,200 or so for them im guessing they arent moving like they had hoped.

Edit: from the specs tab on the website

Transmission/Final Drive Automatic PVT P/R/N/H Single Forward Gear; Shaft

Also i looked up the rear wheel/tire assembly.... $835 each. im guess fronts are around the same, maybe cheaper, but thats ~$3200 for wheels adn tires that dont have air. and i would imagine you have to replace the assembly for replace the tread section?

·
Registered
815 Posts
and I cant imagine it riding smooth unloaded if its made to hold 600lbs. Then what happens when you wear down those tires? looks like you need a whole new wheel like a skid steer.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have seen many dealers selling those things for 10k or so just trying to get them off of the floor. They are taking a beating just to move em'. If I had to guess the Polaris corporate office is probably giving the dealers a private dealer rebate, I have heard of them doing the same for other models in the past, but I would still think the dealers are taking a bath on them. If they had a normal H/L transmission it might look a bit better, but the single speed trans along with the weight throw me off. When the factory wheels wear down I can only imagine that 99% of the people who buy them will put normal wheels and tires back on.... I would never pay that price for one when you can just about buy a whole set for the same price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts