Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I finally pulled the trigger and bought a new wheeler - a 2014 X2 550. Great discount on it...i couldn't pass it up or justify the extra 1300 for the 2015 570 X2.

So far so good (I have put about 10 miles on it and am in the break in process). Question I have for the crew here, is anybody aware of any kind of a rack extender for this machine? It has the cargo box up front, which is great, however it would be nice to have some metal on top of that so I could for example strap down a couple chainsaws while carrying a rider in the two-up seat. Polaris has already told me that they don't offer anything like that to attach to the front cargo box.

My old wheeler was an '05 ATP 500, it also had a front storage box, however it had a rack extender on it so i could haul wood,chainsaws on the front....

Please advise,
Thanks!
Matt

·
Registered
826 Posts
WELCOME!:)
Sorry don't know about a front storage box rack extender. Good question though.

List your quad in your signature. It helps out. What STATE are you from?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion, I updated my signature! Still hoping someone can comment, the problem statement is: I have an X2 with a rider in the 2-up, and I need to haul a couple chainsaws...

Thanks!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Should be easy to build one. If you know an electrician, he will have a pipe bender. Measure and buy a length of light 3/4 inch light gauge metal pipe and bend it to the shape of your front box. Add 4 L shaped brackets by welding then to the bottom and drill matching holes and bolt on with stainless bolts. Paint the rack flat black to match the box and presto you have a rack which will lift up with the box lid. Even if you had to go to a metal fabricating shop it would probably not cost you as much as one you could buy ready made. I built one for the rear of my 550 and only cost me about $35. I did my own fab and welding but it took no time at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts