Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just saw an add for the 2014 XP line locally. Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but the LE models now come with fox shocks.

And I think they dropped the Full digital cluster altogether now. They list it as Analog/Digital.

Not sure if this has been posted or not.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The sportsman. I saw a pic of a white pearl le, and it has fox shocks.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Wow finally pulling up the quality. Very nice to see when you buy a premium machine, you get premium accessories.

I mean if you buy an xt outlander you get rims, winch, and bumpers.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Liking the '14 XP LE line. Wow...that is totally cool with the fox shocks.

I'm wondering...if they can be mounted to previous XP years??? :idea:

biz
:bigeyes:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone been on a 2014 XP yet? Dying to know how the new suspension geometry feels, I would love to loose that butt slapping feeling...

·
Registered
944 Posts
That's funny.....talk of butt slapping gets my ol lady all h.......

Oh wait! I digress.....

Soooooo, are the aforementioned pxt tires a substantial improvement ? Are they halfway decent ?

·
Registered
54 Posts
That's funny.....talk of butt slapping gets my ol lady all h.......

Oh wait! I digress.....

Soooooo, are the aforementioned pxt tires a substantial improvement ? Are they halfway decent ?
They can't be any worse

·
Registered
133 Posts
Liking the '14 XP LE line. Wow...that is totally cool with the fox shocks.

I'm wondering...if they can be mounted to previous XP years??? :idea:

biz
:bigeyes:
If they are the same as the scrambler, they won't fit because they are slightly wider.

·
Registered
373 Posts
From speaking with one of the XP engineers last month I was told the new XP Fox shocks have a different resivor design so that they would work with both the Sportsman & Scrambler XP. You could make them work before also with minimal modifcations but I was not sure what nor did I ask.

They also revalved the Fox shocks to give more external adjustibility.

The Frame Butt joint / hollow Gusset behind the right foot well (sitting) was changed to a lap joint that would allow more flex to keep frame from fatiguing in that location.. The Lower A-arm bushings were also changed..

Ok now to the Geometry as I see it alot in the thread - where did you guys hear it was changed??

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Ok now to the Geometry as I see it alot in the thread - where did you guys hear it was changed??
This is where I saw it.

"For Model Year 2014, Polaris' Premium line of ATVs, featuring the Sportsman XP 850 H.O and Sportsman 550, will feature EPS as standard on all models. Also, the rear suspension geometry developed originally for the Model Year 2013 Scrambler 850 Sport ATV will be carried across the Sportsman XP 850 and 550 lines.

"With a 42 percent reduction in track change (also known as scrub) than the previous version, the suspension moves more freely through its range, resulting in a noticeably more compliant ride," Polaris says in a release."

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Less scrub should mean a more vertical wheel movement over terrain I think? More inline with the tti setup on the canam. I like the looks of the 14 xp le

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
450 Posts
I don't know what it is, but these white XP's just look sexy....

I guess I'll be trying to talk the wife into buying another XP... :)

1 - 20 of 64 Posts