Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
If they are the same as the one that were on my '13, they are fine for hard pack trail riding and even some moderate stuff. I'm sure if you want to push your machine a little more or play in the mud, tires are a huge improvement. only up side to the stock tires may really be that they wont grab hard, so you have a less likely chance of breaking an axle.

With that being said, i upgraded my tires over the winter with my tax return Money. i like to climb some steeper hills and play in the mud every now and then.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
No.

They are complete crap.

·
Registered
39 Posts
agreed they are horrible in the mud even 1inch of mud im spinning in 2wd and my girlfriend on her stock Honda 420 goes right around me lol

·
Registered
123 Posts
Are the maxis tires that come stock on the 2014's any good?

Thanks

They are a good all purpose tire...not great at anything serious. The rider who likes the deep stuff wont have them on long.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Are the maxis tires that come stock on the 2014's any good?

Thanks

They are a good all purpose tire...not great at anything serious. The rider who likes the deep stuff wont have them on long.
I disagree, they are just enough to roll off the lot. Condom thin and poor tread.
Bighorns are good all purpose tires, any aftermarket tires will be better.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
They are good in the sense that they are round and hold air. Other than that, useless for anything other than getting you on and off the trailer to get it home.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I didn't think the 2014s were still coming with the maxxis tires. I thought they had either the Carlisle AT, AT II or act hd?? Does anyone know which 2014 model still has the maxxis?

The act HD is one of the better stock tires around IMO and I was glad to see Polaris start putting them back on the 2014s. The AT are worthless, and the AT II are just slightly better than useless. The maxxis they used to put on some the XPs were also crap.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
After looking at some of Carlisle's website, it looks like they are the ones who made the terrathons too. Not sure why I thought they were maxxis :thinking:

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts