Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shredded my belt yesterday and have been looking for a new one. There are a few options online and I wanted to know what anyone may suggest to get or stay away from. Anything else I may need to check knowing the belt shredded inside the case. .. Some of the belt came out in pieces and landed on the foot board. I haven't taken anything apart yet to really inspect for damage as it was late when I got it home.. I will inspect after work today.

Thanks for any help on this.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
You might have to remove the clutch and remove belt fibers so it will operate properly - sometimes a belt shreds clean and there is no fibers or string is bound up in the clutch, but the clutch is probably due for service anyway.

Use any belt you want to - I like EPI belts and for the cost conscious, use Gates - beyond that a good cleaning of the inner and outer belt covers should be adequate.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I replaced the belt and checked everything it seemed fine. I put new belt on and cover started and engaged the engine. The 325 starts to move on its own. Would you think this is a belt to tight? It was very tight installing . Or should I revisit the clutch? I tried to drive in low for a couple laps around the yard but it's hard to shift into gears. I was hopeful this would warm and stretch the belt slightly.

Any help or direction is appreciated. I will search belt adjustments and see what I come up with.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,362 Posts
probably have pieces of old belt in the clutches. may have to disassemble to get everything out from in-between the halves.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts