Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 2015 570 sportsman after riding for a while when I turn it off and restart it, it runs ruff sputtering and popping and goes dead and want start . Replaced fuel pump last year in June. It started this in June of this year. I carried it to polaris dealership they kept it about two weeks changed spark plug and couldn't find anything wrong with it. Rode it around the neighbor hood about two weeks ran fine. Carried it to the woods rode around turned it off cranked it started out it began to run ruff sputtering and popping and when dead. When this happens if want crank for a day a so. Then it cranks and run fine. When this happens I can started with a small amount of starter fluid until it gone. Suggestions?? Could it be a sensor, ejector

·
Premium Member
13,329 Posts
Sounds like the fuel is boiling from the tank getting to hot. Is there a piece of insulating tape at the bottom of the fuel tank??? When it happens if you slowly remove the gas cap is it under pressure??? Do you smell gasoline at any point when these rough start/run issue arise???

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like the fuel is boiling from the tank getting to hot. Is there a piece of insulating tape at the bottom of the fuel tank??? When it happens if you slowly remove the gas cap is it under pressure??? Do you smell gasoline at any point when these rough start/run issue arise???
No pressure, and I don't remember smelling gas. It like something shutting the gass off.

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
10,120 Posts
My 2015 570 sportsman after riding for a while when I turn it off and restart it, it runs ruff sputtering and popping and goes dead and want start . Replaced fuel pump last year in June. It started this in June of this year. I carried it to polaris dealership they kept it about two weeks changed spark plug and couldn't find anything wrong with it. Rode it around the neighbor hood about two weeks ran fine. Carried it to the woods rode around turned it off cranked it started out it began to run ruff sputtering and popping and when dead. When this happens if want crank for a day a so. Then it cranks and run fine. When this happens I can started with a small amount of starter fluid until it gone. Suggestions?? Could it be a sensor, ejection
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
15,219 Posts
It could be hot fuel or a charging problem - if you are riding at low speed heat will build in the fuel tank and the battery loses it's charge as the engine has to run above 2500 RPM to initiate a charge - extended low speed operation both depletes the battery charge and the fuel gets hot. Maybe?

·
Premium Member
13,329 Posts
Chk that heat tape on the bottom of the tank, first. I know those early 570s had some heat issues. Like @latebird always a good idea to test the charging system on these EFIs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This was install on recall at Polaris dealership. I hadn't checked the charging system I'm going to check it. Talk with polaris dealership today mechanic said to bring it back it may be a throttle sensor he need to check 🤔🤔. Don't know if I can trust these guys!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Chk that heat tape on the bottom of the tank, first. I know those early 570s had some heat issues. Like @latebird always a good idea to test the charging system on these EFIs.
Good morning, checked charging system it seems to be working fine. Checked the contacts on throttle has no gap but the bike will idle fine when it's running. Anything else I need to check before taking it back to dealership, (sensors or contacts). :unsure::unsure:

·
Premium Member
13,329 Posts
So me I would go through the connectors on the machine. Start with the accessable and the ones involved with fuel and spark. Also the ECU and cluster connections. Make sure they are all clean and there isn't any corrosion. As you are doing that look for damaged wires especially paying attention to the loom. Also a fuel pressure reading would be good to know. Change the plug or at least inspect it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey guys Thanks for all the infor. Dealership replaced the fuel pump all my the problem went away. That's my second fuel pump replacement with about 350 miles on odo. My first replacement I bought off Ebay, fuel pump factory OEM got about 50 miles before it quit. Don't recommend buying from them. Polaris must have bad pump design / pump must be deadheading on the EFI sys.🤔🤔 Again Thanks for all the infor and help!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bosch makes the OEM pump. You'd think it would last but, it's a common failure

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Hey mike I like the bike, the ride it's look's. But 6 to 7 hundred dollars for these poorly designed fuel pumps I don't think I would buy another. Probably going back to Honda bikes!!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Hey mike I like the bike, the ride it's look's. But 6 to 7 hundred dollars for these poorly designed fuel pumps I don't think I would buy another. Probably going back to Honda bikes!!
That is a ridiculous price. If your pump goes out, you gotta buy a replacement from quantum. Less than $80 and a lifetime warranty

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts