Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I paid 5400.00 for mine. About to ride it tomorrow. Trying to figure out why they stopped making the ETX after the 2015 model. Was it that the 570 was only a bit more? Guess that's why it was 4800 before taxes and the other dealer fees. I couldn't pass it knowing its 4x4 and fuel injected. Payed a couple hundred more than my Honda Recon ES 250. If I could have gotten the ETX in 2014 at the same price, as today, I wouldn't have bought the Recon.

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
I love my etx. Has been a great quad. I think they changed it because of the small displacement engine. No one wanted 325cc. I've never needed more power and it's never let me down. Takes a good heating too.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 450 HO took its place, tuned down 570 with the same displacement. Guess they figured it would be more appealing than a 325. Everything sounds the same except the engine size, the travel in the front is higher, and softer suspension. I still think what I paid is still a good deal. I almost went with a Kodiak but found the ETX to be a deal.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just for comparison I paid $4700 OTD for my 450 HO, I think the ETX wasn't a big seller because of the displacement and price. Too many people heard 325cc and wouldn't give it a chance. I was very close to buying an ETX last year after a lot of research, but decided to put off buying an ATV until this year. My 450 is also a one year only model, they changed them again for 2017.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts