Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a Sportsman 570. Not until a few days after getting it , i noticed the two metal guides that the seat slides into near the gas tank are not straight. One looks normal but other points up. THe are not adjustable as the are on piece and bolt down flat. Its so much of a difference that it lifts the seat in the corner.Should i take it back to dealership or just try bending them down. Any others have this issue?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Mine looks like that too, but I just keep it real muddy so it's hard to notice. Originally mine was flush, but after awhile it looked like yours, I guess from me taking it on an off to get to the airbox/cleaning.

·
Registered
186 Posts
My ETX has the same design flaw its kinda irritating and makes me worry about transport. I have stated just putting my seat in the cab while towing, Ive read people stating that their seat has literally blown off the machine while on the trailer.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
is it bent, or just moved up because it's only held on by 1 bolt?

·
Super Moderator
7,049 Posts
My ETX has the same design flaw its kinda irritating and makes me worry about transport. I have stated just putting my seat in the cab while towing, Ive read people stating that their seat has literally blown off the machine while on the trailer.
I have to remove my rack bag in order to get my seat off. Otherwise, I would not transport it without a bungee holding the seat on.

·
Super Moderator
7,049 Posts
I just purchased a Sportsman 570. Not until a few days after getting it , i noticed the two metal guides that the seat slides into near the gas tank are not straight. One looks normal but other points up. THe are not adjustable as the are on piece and bolt down flat. Its so much of a difference that it lifts the seat in the corner.Should i take it back to dealership or just try bending them down. Any others have this issue?
I'm not sure if you can bend it or not. I've looked at mine as well, and while not as bad as yours, it would definitely help if it was bent down a little. However, the way it is fabbed and mounted, I'm not sure how to modify it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is it bent, or just moved up because it's only held on by 1 bolt?
its not bent at all. you can see where it bolts through horizontal and then bolts on the frame vertically. no way to adjust. Maybe ill take a pipe on it and try to bend it down just a little bit.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Seems like bending the bracket is the only viable option, besides making a new one out of other material that wont give or bend as much with abuse. Wouldnt be hard to make one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had my seat blow off after my first weekend using mine:( The seat is a PITA to get on those prongs. I take mine off now travailing obviously lol.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I had this problem with my 2012 400 and I took a pair of channel locks and slightly bend it the thick plastic tabs by the tank and it worked for me. It took me a few times but now all is good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had this problem with my 2012 400 and I took a pair of channel locks and slightly bend it the thick plastic tabs by the tank and it worked for me. It took me a few times but now all is good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks guys! looks like ill bend it down a bit and hope for the best. Looks like a common problem.

·
Registered
69 Posts

Well...? If you "just purchased it", why wouldn't it already be back at the dealership?:bee:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Well...? If you "just purchased it", why wouldn't it already be back at the dealership?:bee:
Its a hour drive one way to go back to the shop, if bending it down fixes it that works for me

·
Registered
69 Posts
Understand,
Maybe this photo and and phone call to get it "on the books"? Alot of coin to not have a perfect machine from the getgo.

Good luck in whatever you do.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I was able to make mine a little better by loosening the bolt and re-orientating the bracket, and tightening the bolt. It's a bad design for sure. I thought about adding on to the metal struts, so it's deeper in the seats. That would be a better solution.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Mine does the same thing... and so are all the 570 on my dealers floor... not much i can do about it... if you guys have a way to fix it... I would love to hear it.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Can you add a washer or two under the rear of the bracket/vertical bolt to lower the front of the peg?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts