Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many others also have experienced with the Sportsman 570, I noticed a leak on the front differential. checked this more closely and also noticed that it was possible to lift the pinion, as if it was bad bearing. Took out the diff and checked bearings and seals. looks good. But, there is a sleeve bushing on the end of the pinon into the gearbox. This is a bit loos on to the shaft. Has anyone managed to find a solution for this? without having to buy a new gearbox. Polaris does not offer this bushing, but shows it on the drawing of the differential

Have searched google up and down but can not find any direct link to where I can buy ..

Not sure if this can possibly be used.

or

·
Registered
2007 500x2 le
860 Posts
I had a machine shop make a brass bushing for a customers 570 and has been fine since ...

Reactions: Dexter1029

·
Registered
448 Posts
This is what fit mine. Look it up and make sure the specs match yours.

Bushing Part # 08DU06
Interchangeable with:
08TU06
EGBZ0806-E40
PAPZ0806-P14

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is what fit mine. Look it up and make sure the specs match yours.

Bushing Part # 08DU06
Interchangeable with:
08TU06
EGBZ0806-E40
PAPZ0806-P14
[/QUOTE

Did your original bushing have a slit in it? I am dealing with this issue also and was unsure if mine has cracked, or if it is supposed to be slit. I am using these part numbers to order a replacement

·
Registered
2007 500x2 le
860 Posts
The original bushing has a slit ...its not a good design

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok, I will be interested to see if the new one has a slit. I order 08TU06 which was the same dimensions. Only $0.90 so worth a shot.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have theory why they fail. It's very hard to get enough oil in the front diff. So I raise my machines front a few inches off the ground to get more in the diff. Hopefully that helps keep them from wearing out pre-maturely.

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
They are lubed by splash and use a cheap rolled bronze bushing - a machinist can manufacture a bushing from Ampco bronze which will out last the steel of the pinion gear for about $40 - or if you are into overall improvement, replace the bushing with a needle bearing (may require boring the bushing hole and resizing the tip of the pinion gear) or if you want cheap, but better than factory, get a solid (non-split) graphite impregnated or Oilite bronze bushing from a bearing distributor and install it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts