Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced a loud clunking noise from transmission when running the 2015 Polaris XP 1000 Sportsman at low speed? Recently had serviced, Polaris tried new transmission, clutch, belt and other drive parts and could not correct. Polaris Factory stated noise is normal for the XP 1000. My concern, if normal why did Polaris factory offer new transmission and other parts? Dealer representative has expressed concern…Thoughts or others with same issue?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Explain clunking. Are you at a stop, are you going over hills, flat roads. If my drive shaft isn't lubricated at the front diff and transmission I'd get a clunk when letting off the gas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Noise occurs when starting from a stop as you accelerate - High, Low, Four Wheel or Two Wheel Drive. It can also be noticed during low speed travel - As stated, Dealer and Polaris concur the noise is transmission related. Dealer stating not normal...Polaris concluded it was normal for the XP 1000

·
Registered
2007 500x2 le
850 Posts
A clunk while bliping the throttle on and off or using brakes over bumps and slowing down is generally normal due the play in the trans or cv joints in the axles u may need to post a video

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
And you get a clunk in the secondary when it moves on the forward reverse part of the helix

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
And you get a clunk in the secondary when it moves on the forward reverse part of the helix
Is that what it is, I always thought it was the weights moving out, every sled I have driven does the same though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts