Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I’ve been enjoying my glacier plow setup on my sportsman for the past year. I use it for snow removal, brush removal and grading my driveway. After awhile, it got harder and harder to get the plow off the quad. The hooks that go into the frame weren’t moving enough to drop the plow down. After an hour or so of fighting with it and prying the plow off, I noticed the bar going from the red handle lever back to the hooks was bent. I can’t find the part number for it. I thought I read it was a flaw that Polaris upgraded but can find the part numbers or what I can do to make my own. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hello. I’ve been enjoying my glacier plow setup on my sportsman for the past year. I use it for snow removal, brush removal and grading my driveway. After awhile, it got harder and harder to get the plow off the quad. The hooks that go into the frame weren’t moving enough to drop the plow down. After an hour or so of fighting with it and prying the plow off, I noticed the bar going from the red handle lever back to the hooks was bent. I can’t find the part number for it. I thought I read it was a flaw that Polaris upgraded but can find the part numbers or what I can do to make my own. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Can't help you with the part but I don't think these were designed for gravel work, brush, etc. You likely going to put some undue stress on your plow and your quad.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I try not to over due it when fixed my driveway or clear brush piles. The snow seems to put more stress on the quad. My buddy has the sportsman 570 on a farm and uses it daily for years without issue doing the same stuff I’m doing, just he does it ten times more. He hasn’t had any issues besides wear. I try to take it easy on my machine. I’m hoping to get the plow fixed before the first snow fall here in nj. I was hoping to not have to buy the complete mount but will if need be. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts